Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
Lope
My Device: Blackberry Vodafone 9780 Bold

Can't Upgrade Multiple Apps

[ Edited ]

Sometimes I turn on my phone and there are 4 App updates available. Each a few MB.

I can't just press Upgrade on all of them and then leave my phone for 30 mins and come back and they're all done.

As soon as I click upgrade on the first app that clock appears in the centre of the screen and the phone becomes unusable. Then you have to wait about a minute before being able to navigate to the other apps.

Then the clock randomly comes back every minute or so for up to a minute. (the phone is basically unusable)

Then once you've told it to upgrade multiple apps (with difficulty)

As soon as the first app finishes downloading and installs, the downloads for all other apps fail, and then you have to deal with sluggishness, buggy behaviour and its generally a nightmare.

So I've resorted to upgrading one app at a time, which means I have to constantly interact with the phone for about 30 minutes just to update a few apps.

BLACKBERRY SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO UPDATE APPWORLD.

There needs to be a 'Queue Update' option.

So you can just Queue all the updates you want without the phone becoming sliggish. Then the phone will automatically download all the updates you've selected, and automatically reboot afterwards. So you can just leave your phone for 30 mins and when you come back, everything is done.

Really, this is the 21st century. We need usable software!

Otherwise its great.

Thanks!

Contributor
Lope

Re: Can't Upgrade Multiple Apps

bump

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello Lope,

you are writing on a community forum. We are BlackBerry owners, just like you, and we spend part of our free time to help other people.

How can we help you?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
Lope

Thanks Xandrex, I'm not looking for help, I'm making a suggestion to the developers...

Can you suggest a more effective way for me to communicate my suggestion to the developers?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

go to the BlackBerry Beta Zone, and try to get yourself in the AppWorld beta test, then you can give some feedback about that application.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: