Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
ofemmy
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: MTN Nigera

Can't download Applications frm Appworld

Gdday forum,
I use Bold 9780 with version 6.0.0.546 with the provider MTN Nigeria(BIS data plan).Since I upgraded my BBM in february I've not been able to use appworld.I tried going to Appworld thru browser but it kept returning "unsupported device".I deleted and redownloaded d Icon but it still doesn't show or work. I don't knw wat has gone wrong with my device after d BBM upgrade.Though my BBM also got stuck for some time returning diff error and "uncaught exception" but now it is working.Kindly help
Femi
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't download Applications frm Appworld

1. On your homescreen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL, so that SHOW ALL is checked.
2. Look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, etc.

If you still don't see it, look at Options > Advanced > Applications. Do you see it listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ofemmy

Dear Sanders,
Thanks for d reply,however,I could find it in my applications list but it doesn't work when I try to use it.Perhaps some files are missing or what?Also trying to download anything has become impossible as it returns "unsupported device" on Appworld thru d browser.I think d phone's config has been altered thus no longer supported to download any application from any site,appworld inclusive.
Any solution to this.As I can't download anything again.I'm tired of all the old applications downloaded previously.
Kindly help.
Femi
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ofemmy

I tried to redownload Appworld version 3.2.22 to replace 3.1.0.56 which I have on my phone but it failed returning "909 Application authenticatio n failure". Also whenever I try to download any application from the web thru the browser it returns "unsupported OS".
Kindly help.
Femi
Please use plain text.
Contributor
niccotanani
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: 9780

Hello admin please help I'm using BB Bold 9780,my appworld icon is missing after upgrade I did try to download it and take out my B3 but still the same,and I did open the folders one by one I can't find the icon,the thing is when I try to download it says you want to replace the one is exist I press yes but I can't find the icon,I've tried to wipe everything still the,what went wrong please help
Please use plain text.
JSanders

1. Go to Options > Device > Applications and scroll the AppWorld application and don't click on it, just scroll to it. Click Menu > Delete and remove the application.
  2. Now, do a reboot: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.
  3. Finally, use your BlackBerry browser to go to www.blackberry.com/AppWorld and download/install it  again.
  4. After installation and possibly another reboot, check all of your  Folders, or Downloads folder for the application.

Please don't double post and cross post the same questions in more than one area of the forum or thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
niccotanani

Hello again I did everything you directed me to do now the problem is no:1 I can't find the icon no :2 I don't know to download folder please help
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Ok.

Please read these several Knowledge Base articles.

BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to App World 3.1.0.58  

BlackBerry App World icon is missing 

BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading BlackBerry App World application

BlackBerry App World icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone after an upd...

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
niccotanani

hi admin!I tried everything but not successful any idea please!my icon is nowhere to be found!
Please use plain text.
JSanders

What specifically did you try?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.