Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Reply
New Contributor
Dennis1001
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-15-2011
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Can't download or update any apps

So here's my problem i've had since a few days:
If I go into app world, I can just log in, but then if i want to download a new app, or update an app.

it's starts installing but it just hangs in the beginning and then after a few seconds just says, Can't install the app.
I've searched google and everything but I just can't find a solution.
Besides this if I try to get an app through the browser, like you can do with Whatsapp Messenger it gives me a 909 authentication failure error. Same story with this, can't find a proper solution to fix it.

Please if someone can help me!!
Thanx in advance! 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,763
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't download or update any apps

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

4. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

5. Return to AppWorld. Log into MyWorld (if applicable) and try again.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Dennis1001
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-15-2011
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: Can't download or update any apps

Thanks for the reply,
but I've tried this already several times.
But i don't know if I did it right
A few times it just hangs, so i perform the Battery Pull,
And sometimes i'm in my world, then I do the shortcut Alt R, S, T, and then it returns to the homescreen of Blackberry App world?
But as stupid as I am, i uninstalled Blackberry App World. and now I just can't download it anymore.
I've did some research on resets, but if i'm right that resets everything I have like Phonenumbers, E-mails, and all that stuff.
So i'm really confused what to do next, and to be honest I'm not going to touch anything that can make it even worse until i have a proper solution for my problems :smileytongue:.
Until then I'm just gonna use it for BBM, Texting, calling etc. ,for the stuff that does still work.
 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,763
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't download or update any apps


Dennis1001 wrote:


A few times it just hangs, so i perform the Battery Pull,
And sometimes i'm in my world, then I do the shortcut Alt R, S, T, and then it returns to the homescreen of Blackberry App world?
 


Done properly, AppWorld should actually shut down. Then, when you re-launch and go into MyWorld, it should reload all of your records from the AW servers. From what you describe, it does not sound like this is happening correctly in your case.

 

Maybe your's is different...see this:

  • KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

Dennis1001 wrote:


But as stupid as I am, i uninstalled Blackberry App World. and now I just can't download it anymore.
 


"can't download"...I wonder what that actually means? I can guess, but that does not help anyone. If you want to diagnose this, you'll need to provide a bit more detail. From your BB browser, go here:

to install AW back onto your BB.


Dennis1001 wrote:


I've did some research on resets, but if i'm right that resets everything I have like Phonenumbers, E-mails, and all that stuff.
 


There are many different things that could be interpred as a reset...exactly what are you considering? Several of them indeed will wipe out everything, but that's what the backup/restore process is for...

  • KB23680 How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

Dennis1001 wrote:

So i'm really confused what to do next, and to be honest I'm not going to touch anything that can make it even worse until i have a proper solution for my problems :smileytongue:.
 


Honestly, at an internet distance, everything is going to be trial and error. If I had your BB in my hands, perhaps I could make better guesses...but I rely on what you say here and try to not guess...hence, my requests for more details from you. The "proper solution" may be one of many different things...often, it's trial and error to find the right one for your specific circumstance.

 


Dennis1001 wrote:


Until then I'm just gonna use it for BBM, Texting, calling etc. ,for the stuff that does still work.
 


It's a pity to sacrafice functionality, but that's your decision to make.

 

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Dennis1001
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-15-2011
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: Can't download or update any apps

[ Edited ]

ok so I was all esthatic when the link worked you told me to use for the app world,

it started downloading, it finishes, it askes for restart, so I restarted.
Now i just can't find app world. i've checked where it places my download and it says Home but it just isn't there.
In Application manager it says it's there. and if I connect it to my PC it also says it's installed but i just can't find it.

it's really frustrating me because I just don't know how to fix it and that's not really normal to me cuz normally i find the solution on the webs or somewhere.

 

But Downloading apps through the browser (like I'm trying with Whatsapp) isn't working either.
Still gives me the same error as before: "909 Application Authentication failure"
Really walking out on options if u ask me, can't find many people on the interwebs with this problem 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,763
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't download or update any apps


Dennis1001 wrote:

ok so I was all esthatic when the link worked you told me to use for the app world,

it started downloading, it finishes, it askes for restart, so I restarted.


Sorry again...but what? I cannot tell at all from that what you actually did.

 


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

Now i just can't find app world. i've checked where it places my download and it says Home but it just isn't there.
In Application manager it says it's there. and if I connect it to my PC it also says it's installed but i just can't find it.

 


Oh that's not good.There are some recommendations that say, when that happens, to totally wipe and reload your BB OS from scratch.

 


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

it's really frustrating me because I just don't know how to fix it and that's not really normal to me cuz normally i find the solution on the webs or somewhere.

 

But Downloading apps through the browser (like I'm trying with Whatsapp) isn't working either.
Still gives me the same error as before: "909 Application Authentication failure"
Really walking out on options if u ask me, can't find many people on the interwebs with this problem 


You've not done one thing that I suggested, though...formal support. 


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Dennis1001
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-15-2011
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: Can't download or update any apps

I'm trying to do as much as you say but without AW I can't do the points you told me to do (:
But i've looked around and the "not showing up from AW after downloading" is a problem which has happened to more users. So I'm trying a fix at the moment. As soon as i've got AW up and running I'll try your suggestions.

I'll get back here then.
And Thanks for helping me out with giving some really helpful solutions i can try! :smileyhappy:
I'll get back here as soon as possible!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,763
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't download or update any apps


Dennis1001 wrote:

I'm trying to do as much as you say but without AW I can't do the points you told me to do (:


My point was that, from what you have posted, I can't tell what you've done and not done...so I've gotten lost as to trying to help you. Remember, I can't see what you see and I need you to be extraordinarily verbose in what you say here. This is especially try with such the very complex and inter-twined issues you are having. As it stands, I've no idea what else to recommend because I can't tell how what I've already recommended has worked out.


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

And Thanks for helping me out with giving some really helpful solutions i can try! :smileyhappy:
I'll get back here as soon as possible!


You are most welcome. Do come back when you are ready.

 

Cheers!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Dennis1001
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-15-2011
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: Can't download or update any apps

Ok I'm pretty much desperate, I'm just gonna tell you the whole story from the beginning.

Last week when the server at RIM went down, I tought it was just an error and updated to OS  6.0.2949

then I heard it was the server, so I just waited until everything was up and working again.
When it was everything worked like BBM, BAW, etc. except for whatsapp it gave me an error saying it could not continue due some register mistakes. so I tried to update, it started downloading but after 1 second it stopped and gave me a message; "An error has occured, please try again later".
but this message kept comming when i wanted to download or update ANY app.
But first I wanted to fix whatsapp, so I uninstalled it, and tried downloading it via the browser.
There I got the error 909 Application Authentication failure.
That's when I first got here because I couldn't find any solution for the problems.
AW kept giving me the same message over and over again, so I tried uninstall and reinstall.
When I reinstalled AW I couldn't find it anywhere, and my phone just says (through Options>Application manager) it's installed.
But it just didn't work.
So I tried a fix I found on another forum which told me to uninstall AW, uninstall Blackberry application center,
Then after uninstalling both of them install AW via Internet Explorer onto your blackberry and then via Blackberry Desktop manager reinstall application center.
So I did.
But Blackberry AW still isn't working.
But it now says I have version 2.1.2.19 (while this first was something like 3.????)
And it still doesn't work but still shows up at my application manager on my phone and on my PC.

That's basically what's happened and I don't know how to get blackberry AW on my phone again (proper)
I'm first looking to fix that, after that, if I still run into the same downloading and updating error as before i'll come back here, but I just really want to fix this, and it's driving me insane :smileyfrustrated: 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,763
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't download or update any apps

OK...thanks for that...a few clarifications before proceeding, if you don't mind...


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

When it was everything worked like BBM, BAW, etc. except for whatsapp it gave me an error saying it could not continue due some register mistakes. so I tried to update, it started downloading but after 1 second it stopped and gave me a message; "An error has occured, please try again later".
but this message kept comming when i wanted to download or update ANY app.


I'm not at all sure what "register mistakes" are...do you recall any further details?

 

How, exactly, did you go about trying to update?

 

This KB discusses the error message...please try what it says and report back with specifics...

  • KB25882 "An error has occurred. Please try again later" is displayed when the user attempts to login to BlackBerry App World

Dennis1001 wrote:

 

But first I wanted to fix whatsapp, so I uninstalled it, and tried downloading it via the browser.
 


Again, exactly how via the browser?

 


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

There I got the error 909 Application Authentication failure.
 


Hmmm...I don't find that exact error message in the public KBs...


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

AW kept giving me the same message over and over again, 


The 909? The "try again later"? Both? Something else?


Dennis1001 wrote:

so I tried uninstall and reinstall.

 


Using exactly what methods...there are multiple methods for each.


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

When I reinstalled AW I couldn't find it anywhere, and my phone just says (through Options>Application manager) it's installed.
 


When this happened with prior versions of AW, the resolution was to backup the device, wipe the device, reload the OS, restore the data, and then reinstall AW and try again. Let's hope that does not become the prescription for your situation.

 


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

But it just didn't work.


So, since that follows, your prior statement about the AW icon not being visible, I'm not sure what this statement is intended to mean...


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

So I tried a fix I found on another forum which told me to uninstall AW, uninstall Blackberry application center,
Then after uninstalling both of them install AW via Internet Explorer onto your blackberry and then via Blackberry Desktop manager reinstall application center.
 


Hmmm...I've not seen where that is ever helpful; AW and AC aren't actually linked. Also, I need the details behind what you did in the highlighted part...tethered to your PC? Using what URL?


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

So I did.
But Blackberry AW still isn't working.
 


Still isn't working -- how? Exactly the same as before? Something different now?


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

But it now says I have version 2.1.2.19 (while this first was something like 3.????)


Hmmm...that would indicate to me that you installed AW via a different method than would be prescribed...but, since I still can't tell exaclty what you did, I can't really know.


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

And it still doesn't work but still shows up at my application manager on my phone and on my PC.


Which might indicate the earlier fix of wipe/reload/etc.


Dennis1001 wrote:

 

That's basically what's happened and I don't know how to get blackberry AW on my phone again (proper)
I'm first looking to fix that, after that, if I still run into the same downloading and updating error as before i'll come back here, but I just really want to fix this, and it's driving me insane :smileyfrustrated: 


The proper way to install AW onto a BB is by, via the BB browser while NOT on WiFi, going here:

and using that to install the most current version of AW onto a BB.

 

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code