Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Can't remember Blackberry ID

I can't remeber my Blackberry ID (Password) and whenever I use the 'forgot your password' link at the Blackberry Appworld site, it sends a URL to my blackberry e-mail. The trouble is, I don't have the Blackberry e-mail set up as an account and, because I can't remember the password, I cannot access the e-mail from any other source.

Is there any way I can get my password re-set remotely?

Or can I getb the 're-set password' e-mail sent to another address?

Without this, I cannot update any of my apps or even download any new ones

Heeeellpp!!

Regards

Dave

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Can't remember Blackberry ID

Hi McGrock

Welcome to the Community

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base regarding BlackBerry ID password reset.

KB28111 : Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address.

I hope it will help.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi Prince,

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't work. The knowledge base directs me to "Access the BlackBerry® Internet Service account from the device or from the carrier’s website". In order to do this I need to know my BBID Password. This is the entire problem; I can't remember it. :-(

I need a reset URL sent to an e-mail address I can access (i.e. my work e-mail).

Any further ideas?

Elite II

McGrock wrote :

The knowledge base directs me to "Access the BlackBerry® Internet Service account from the device or from the carrier’s website". In order to do this I need to know my BBID Password. This is the entire problem; I can't remember it.

Hi McGrock 

In that case chances are limited  to just this option have a look :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

So I hope you keep records of your Blackberry ID information for future. 

Prince

New Contributor
My Device: 9900

HI.

I have the exact same issue that Prince is having. Can not remeber password, can not forward to another address.

I can not log into BB world without password, have hosted email can not get in without password?

Sorry Prince for jumping in on your past, but hoping to get answer for same issue.

Thanks

Dave

Elite II

beegner wrote :

I have the exact same issue that Prince is having. Can not remeber password, can not forward to another address.

I can not log into BB world without password, have hosted email can not get in without password?

Sorry Prince for jumping in on your past, but hoping to get answer for same issue.

Hi beegner

Welcome to the Community

One of the main problem of using Host Email like blackberry.net account is this that you cannot find or read  it anywhere but your BlackBerry device and in case you lost or forgot password the problem arises as you are having right now,

So I don’t think there is any other way  but to create a new Blackberry ID. I always prefer using anything like gmail or yahoo so that you can access it .

But in this process you will loss any apps that are associated with your previous BlackBerry ID.So use the last option available change your BlackBerry ID  KB26694 as posted above.

Prince

Visitor
My Device: 9300

I also hv the same problem,crying!
Elite II

thandow wrote:
I also hv the same problem,crying!

Hi thandow

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you have the same issue then contact your Carrier to know if they were able to reset your BlackBerry ID , Or do a backup and follow the Knowledge base as suggested above.

My Device: Curve 9320

Hi! And usually do the carriers have the possibilty to reset your Blackberry id? If you enter the password wrongly 10 times, will it wipe out the device entirely? With personal data and all? Is this the only option in case you have chosen an incorrect e-mail address when creating the id? Thank you!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Ioana713 wrote:

And usually do the carriers have the possibilty to reset your Blackberry id?

Maybe...you may require escalation up to BlackBerry for that, but your carrier would provide that escalation if it is appropriate.

Ioana713 wrote:

If you enter the password wrongly 10 times, will it wipe out the device entirely? With personal data and all?

No...that does not happen...refer:

• KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

Failure of the user-created device lock password will indeed result in wiping the BB, but not the BB ID.

Ioana713 wrote:

Is this the only option in case you have chosen an incorrect e-mail address when creating the id?

If you do not know the credentials you created and the email address you associated to your BB ID is not valid, then you have a choice...

1. If you have AppWorld records and/or BBM contacts (if you updated to BBM7) that you do not need to retain, then you WIPE your BB and create a brand new BB ID.
  2. On the other hand, if there are records you must retain, then you must contact your mobile service provider and request escalation to BlackBerry. They may or may not be willing to help, but human intervention would be the only way to fix the situation you unfortunately created.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code