Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

Can't submit review - try again later

[ Edited ]

This has been happening almost every time I've tried to submit a review.  Anyone else seeing this?

Download the app.  Reset the phone.  Try the app. Open App World.  Try to Add Review.

"Submitting..."          "Unable to submit review at this time.  Please try again later."

It's not network.  I'm in the store and can browse the store.

Try it on computer, click "Add Review" and it says, "You must download the app first."  It's already on the phone!

edit:

It gets even better... plug the phone into computer, use the web store, and My World does not show the app anywhere on the phone, installed or uninstalled.  But search for the app in the store, and then it shows "Already Installed".  Click the "Add Review" button right next to where it's saying "Already Installed", and then it says, "You must download the item to review it."  OK.  Click "Manage Item" under where it says "Already Installed", and a list of installed items comes up... but the app is nowhere on the list.

So, I can't review it because it wants me to download it.  I can't download it because it's already installed.  And it doesn't show in the list to be deleted.

Great, just great.  And they're banning BlackBerry apps from the PlayBook and new phones because it would "diminish the experience"?!  How about banning App World too?  I've brought this up before a couple of times and it's still the same old loop with no way to do a simple thing, submit a review.

Retired
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500

Re: Can't submit review - try again later

Hello Silver20,

Have a look here: No reinstall button available in App World once an app is deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone http://bbry.lv/qPl5OY

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!