Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Archie_Fatcacky
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: EverythingEverywhere

Can you get your money back if the app you purchased doesn't work properly?

Hi,

I recently bought the MobileNoter SE app in order to sync my OneNotes between Playbook, Windows Phone and Laptops.

Once the Playbook was added to the previously fully functioning sync system things started to go wrong, so much so that I've had to re-create a lot of my notebooks.

There are a whole host of flaws and bugs with the app - some people say this is just an Android App which is ported which might account for the bugs if it wasn't fully tested after.

I posted a review which has been taken down - presumably by MobileNoter - without explanation.

I mailed support and they initially sounded like they wanted to help but have since gone silent. I have asked for my money back but more silence.

I wouldn't mind but this app is £20 for which you would expect a fully functional app. This is far from it.

Anyone know what the procedure is now to get a refund. Is there some way Blackberry can help?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can you get your money back if the app you purchased doesn't work properly?

You need to contact your Playbook support number for the refund:

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Archie_Fatcacky

The 0800 number is for technical support and they can't help with refunds.

If you go here https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/appworld/faq and open Option 10 - Support you can apply there.

The Exception Case Support form requires info which I don't have e.g. Parnter ID so I sent a mail to the support email address.

Just waiting to see what happens now.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

Actually, wrong.

The tech support people can help with Playbook purchased apps. If you've called and they said they cannot, you were lied to.

Even in the link you posted, in #10, it states clearly "App Refund related matters are handled by BlackBerry Customer Care." That, my friend is accessed by the support number. Again, if you were told otherwise, you should inform them of such or ask for a manage/supervisor.

And, you don't have a "Partner ID" because you are not a "Partner". The section you're referring to applies to mobile providers, which are the Partners.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Archie_Fatcacky

Well, just to check I called the 0800 number again and got a much more helpful guy who logged a case number for me. However, when he went to second level he was told that because it was a third party app they cannot refund and I have to speak to the developer. The developer told me to speak to Blackberry. As usual typical support never ending circle.

The guy on the other end of the line explained that they were Playbook 'Technical' support not Blackberry Customer Support.  He was quite emphatic that the two were separate groups but said he could help.

The email address contained in the link I posted sends a message to the Customer support center and sends a reply back with a case number. They should reply back within 48 hours so I'll see what they say.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Archie_Fatcacky

PS. I know I don't have a Partner ID but it is a required element of the form hence why I recommended the use of the email address.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Archie_Fatcacky wrote:

The email address contained in the link I posted sends a message to the Customer support center and sends a reply back with a case number. They should reply back within 48 hours so I'll see what they say.

Well, that is good to know.

Partners, for example, are like ATT, Vodafone, etc.

I'd also encourage you to post here in this section any developers who don't respond and don't offer refunds for valid & legitimate reasons. That's helpful info for others.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Archie_Fatcacky

Just got a mail from Blackberry Customer Care to say I would be getting a refund for this app.

Please use plain text.