Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

shotgunsloth
My Device: Blackbery Curve
My Carrier: MTS

Cannot Reset Password for Blackberry ID

My boyfriend was cleaning up my blackberry because it was slow, and he reloaded everything. As a result my blackberry ID password and everything was wiped.

I cannot remember my password. I cannot remember the answer to my "Secret question." I cannot find anything on the website telling me how to easily reset my password.

My phone said if I want to the website, I could reset my password without needing the secret question. This was a lie. I'm quite frustrated. Why can't reseting without the secret question be good enough? I'm the only one with acces to my email.

This website has a bad set up. I can't find a real e-mail or phone number. What do I need to do to reset my password so I can use my phone properly again? It is very frustrating that the site seems designed to prevent me from finding contact info of someone who can fix this.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Cannot Reset Password for Blackberry ID

Did you go to www.bbid.com on a computer? Don't try and do it on your BB.

This forum is NOT an official support channel. Official support is available though your wireless service provider.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Also, BlackBerry makes a great app called Password Keeper. You can store all your passwords for all your logins for everything from online shopping to email passwords in there and only have to remember one password to the password keeper. And yes, you can store your BBID password in there. Every time I sign up for another account somewhere I add the login info to my Password Keeper. Prevents me from having issues like you describe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
shotgunsloth

Yes I came from there.

And sorry, I thought it was. This was the only thing I could find on the website that lets you sign up and ask a question.  I was under the impression that because I couldn't find a phone number or anything you had to sign up for them to help you.

I'm pretty sure MTS will just tell me to contact blackerry. Nothing to do but search through their site I guess.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Go to bbid.com and click on the reset password link. Enter your email address and the captcha code and it should send you an email to reset your password. I just tried it and it didn't ask me for an answer to my secret question.

If MTS wants you to contact BlackBerry they have to do it for you. There is no direct support from BlackBerry to consumer for BlackBerry smartphone support. If they can't solve your issue they are supposed to escalate your case to BlackBerry. You can't do it yourself. That's just how it works and most carriers try and tell you otherwise.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

[ Edited ]

Posted in the wrong thread......

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Disregard my last post. It was meant for another thread.
Please use plain text.
shotgunsloth

Thank you so much for being so helpful. I really really appreciate you taking the time to let me know this. I was getting quite frustrated.

Please use plain text.