Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
dube0
My Device: bold

Cannot Use Blackberry App World / Icon disappeared

I have lost App World.  I was prompted to update to a newer version, which I did (repeatedly!), and now it's gone and the icon is nowhere to be found.  I can find it listed under Applications but cannot use it.  I've tried all the tricks -- pull the battery, delete it and download it again, etc.  I've spent all day and it still doesn't work.  I've really about had it!

New Contributor
dube0
My Device: bold

Re: Cannot Use Blackberry App World / Icon disappeared

Oh, and I've tried several times to download Blackberry Desktop Software and that was unsuccessful too, leading to more wasted hours and frustration.  It never actually opens....it's just a blank box in the middle of my monitor.

Contributor
mitcheubanks
My Device: Z10

I had the same issue after upgrading to 3.1.0.58. The following came in an email from "BlackBerry from Research in Motion". I followed the link and downgraded App World, and my icon is back.

"Some BlackBerry® customers who recently upgraded to BlackBerry App World™ version 3.1.0.58 have reported that the App World icon on their BlackBerry smartphone does not appear on the Home screen after this upgrade. If you are experiencing this issue, please visit www.blackberry.com/appworld/download and follow the steps to install version 3.1.0.56 of BlackBerry App World. This will restore the App World icon to your BlackBerry smartphone. For further information, you may also reference the following article available via the BlackBerry Technical Solutions Center http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29422. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."
Visitor
anu05
My Device: curve 8520

This page always redirects me to ver .58. I upgraded my device software from 4.6 to ver 5. I downloaded the app world using my mobile browser but it doesn't appear on my home screen or any of the folders. It appears to be installed in the add on applications list. I tried reinstalling again and again, battery pulls but all in vain. 

I am almost fed up. Please help..

New Contributor
TreceX13
My Device: Storm 2

This link sent me to BB page but no links at all to download the application world. theres is only a link tell click for blackberry mobile download but it will bring me back again to the same page.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

[ Edited ]

Hi Trecex 13,

Welcome to the Community,

If you looking for the latest version of App World Download it from here http://blackberry.com/appworld

But before that if you had installed any previous version then uninstall it this way :

Options > Device > Application Management.

Scroll to BlackBerry AppWorld > Delete.

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a min, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
TreceX13

I followed your instruction.. though it is bit different because i am using blackberry storm 2.

I already removed the application world. but when i tried to open the site you gave but there is no application "application world" there. The website is BB APPLICATION WORLD.  What i need to restore back is the Application world icon on my BB SCREEN.

I deleted the icon because it stop  working after i upgraded it to 3.1.1.21 . i thought it would be easy to download it again from bb website. but  after 3 days of searching how to download again the "application world".  all i got was a series of disappointments.

In my bb messenger there is a link of updates to all my applications. but i need now to download again my "BB appliation world." When i pressed the download from dialog box from my bb messenger,  i was sent to this link "http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld which i think is a dead end. nothing is in there.

Please give further help.

thank you.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi TreceX13,

From your Native blackberry Browser download App World from her :    http://blackberry.com/appworld/download  after installing app world perform a battery pull restart.

Try it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

New Contributor
TreceX13

This still direct mo to the dead end site which tells "

Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone.

when i clicked mobile download site it keeps me sending to same page. and nothing is in there.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi TreceX13,

Well I have tested right now  at the link I had given and I am getting the download site but not this which you had given ,from your Pc try the link see what you get ,also if you any firewall protection disable it then try.Do let us know.

Good Luck

Prince