Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Cannot connect to AppWorld with PlayBook

Hi guys,
A few weeks ago my PlayBook stopped connecting to AppWorld. I now get the error "BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Now, the difficult part is that I can get it to work on my neighbours router. So I know that it can connect. However, I've reset the router and tried various settings to bring it back.

Does anyone know what might be causing it to not download apps?

Cheers

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
sixtina
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Re: Cannot connect to AppWorld with PlayBook

Same problem here, my PlayBook cannot connect to App World server for several days. I verified my network connections, everything is okay.

I cannot upgrade my apps, can't buy new apps and my list of uninstalled apps is empty.

I had this issue once before, but it started working again after a day, without changing anything.

What's the problem?

Sincerely,

sixtina

Developer
cas118

It's hit me again over the last couple of days. I should have PlayBook support calling me back today to try some additional things out.

The problem is, I know that if I use my neighbour's internet connection - this will go away.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
cas118

Just to keep folk in the loop.

I did a security wipe on my PlayBook and downloads immediately started working again.

Then I restored my PlayBook backup and now everything has stopped working again.

It looks like this is going to be fun for the support team.... :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
sixtina
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

There's must be something in the settings or in special apps, that prevents the connection.

I reloaded the OS and also had no issues to connect to App World.

After restoring my settings and media without the apps, connection was impossible.

Then I did a security wipe and didn't restore any backup. 

As expected, all worked fine - until I reloaded the app LAN File Explorer, then it stopped again.

After deleting the app, no more problems until now.

sixtina