Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
BennoBenzen
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Tele5

Cannot download apps with PC, because I cannot login

Dear Community,

hope someone can help me. I have bought my Blackberry 9700 in Germany. There I have logged into the app world via my phone and downloaded a few apps. Now I am in Russia and would like to download an offline dictionary. However, I do not have any internet on my phone now, so I would like to use my PC. Using my PC I have found apps that I would like to download, however, always if I click on download, I am redirected to the login interface. Of course, I have successfully and correctly logged put my login data, but not been directed to the download. Instead I always get a very strange russian site (I do speak russian, but this doesn't look like a complete site, there are only some small pictures of 3 blackberry phones on the left side and a few russian words like "buy". If I click on them, the site either breaks down or redirects me to the standard page, but at the same time logs me off again ... consequently, I just do not get into the world to download the apps. 

I would really appreciate any help, because it is by now driving me mad!

Thanks,

Cheers,

Ben

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Cannot download apps with PC, because I cannot login

Hey BennoBenzen,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Currently downloading applications directly from BlackBerry World using a computer is not an available feature. When you select the download option an email with a link is sent to you so you can download the application directly from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BennoBenzen
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Tele5

Dear Hatchback,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I am not sure, if I correctly understood how to do it. If I receive the link via Email, how can I then download it via my blackberry? I mean, of course I can synchronize my phone with my pc, so receiving the email on my phone shouldn't be a problem, but since I do not have any internet here in russia on my blackberry, using the link from my blackberry still seems impossible, or am I mistaken? I will continue trying, but so far I still seem to have problems, even receiving the link, since after logging into Blackberry with my PC always brings me to the above described strange site. Trying to find my into the blackberry world then always logs me off again. 

To be honest, downloading apps using the computer seems like a quite classical way to me (also to save datavolume on the phone, since the internet there is mobile and there is no need to use it if you are home). I find this a feature that would majorly improve the blackberry service. 

Thank you very much in advance for a short response. 

Kind regards,

Benjamin Fischer

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hi BennoBenzen,

The link is sent to the email setup on the BlackBerry smartphone, a data plan or a Wi-Fi connection would be required to install the application.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.