Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

Cannot download blackberry app world apps - "enable cookies" error message keeps coming

Hi,

I have a Curve 3920, running v7.1.0 OS.

Back in July I kept getting low memory messages and it kept getting stuck so I had to un-install apps such as Linkedin or What's App. Then I realized I only had 2GB memory so upgraded to a 16GB one.

Now the blackberry works ok but it is impossible to re-install Linkedin or World Apps app or any other from Blackberry World interface, it keeps coming coming up with ""BlackBerry ID Services. We detect that cookies have been disabled in your browser. Please enable cookies in order to continue." error message, even though I have correct set-up in the device browser option set-up menu.

However I successfully managed to download What's App, but not from app world page.

Any idea of what can be done?

Many thanks in advance.

VladUK

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cannot download blackberry app world apps - "enable cookies" error message keeps coming

Hello VladUK and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your device.

To address the device memory, please see KB14320. The 16GB media card is great to have for your media files, but maximizing the internal device memory should also help for device performance.

Regarding the error with cookies, to clarify in your Browser>Menu>Options there's a check in Enable Cookies? 

Does this error appear when you launch BlackBerry World? What is your BlackBerry World version (check under Options>Device>Application Management) 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Re: Cannot download blackberry app world apps - "enable cookies" error message keeps coming

Hello HMthePirate,

Many thanks fo offering to support.

Indeed, under browser, options, privacy and security section the "accept cookies" box is ticked by default.

As for blackberry world app, I had to un-install it due to the memory issue and now when I browse to that page and try to download it or any app, I get error message below.

It is very weird as until mid August all was fine and I had linkedin app up and running before the memory played up and I had to un-install.

Regards,

Vladimir

Retired

Hey Vladimir,

In your Browser go to Menu>Options and clear your Cookies and Cache. Remove your battery to reboot your device.

After the reboot has completed, go to www.blackberry.com/appworld on your Browser and try to reinstall BlackBerry World.

Let me know if you get the same error or if you're able to install it.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

New Contributor

Hello HMthePirate,

You are a rock star - it now all works - world app, linkedin, ....

The only thing that I did not do in the past, was to tick the "cookies" box in the "clear" section of the browser options. The cache was already ticked.

Now that I have enhanced the device memory card, it looks like it is not slow anymore - finger crossed it is all fixed now.

Thank you so much. I was that close to ditch blackberry and purchase something else. So very happy to see that I can stick to blackberry that I love - great support.

Have a good day - issues resolved.

VladUK

Retired

Glad to hear it's working VladUK!

Please be sure to let us know if you have any further questions :smileyhappy:

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

Hi Sir,

I have a BB Curve 8520 and when I click on my app world it just says "blackberry app world is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server, verify your network connections and try again" then if I wait a few seconds another box comes up saying "BLACKBERRY ID ,app world requires the latest version of Blackberry ID" then there is 2 boxes sayin CLOSE & UPDATE - when I press update it doesn't even get past 0% before it comes up with "sorry the software update server is unavailable, please try again later"then there's 2 boxes again saying CLOSE & RETRY when press retry it just flashes on 0% and back to retry so when press close it says "Blackberry identity installation failed, please try again later. (80002)....oh yh also I've noticed that if I goto Device>Blackberry ID, it says "unable to update blackberry Id account information while offline" so it won't let me change any details at all not even my name, but I can sign in fine on the website itself....

Please provide the soluion.

Thanks & regards.

SahiL From India

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove both AppWorld AND the Identity App from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld (during which a fresh version of the Identity App should also install)

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code