Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Gary131313
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Cant download any apps --- help!

I have a Bold 9930. It has latest version of OS and App World. When I click to download an app, I get the terms of service which I click accept, and then nothing happens.. No downloading occurs. Nothing ends up in downloads folder. Nothing in MyWorld. I have rebooted several times. I deleted and then reinstalled App World. Still nothing changes. Can anyone help? Is there someone at RIM I can call?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cant download any apps --- help!

Hello Gary131313 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with BlackBerry World. What version are you using? (Check under Options>Device>Application Management)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or are you using the Mobile Network when using BlackBerry World? 

To clarify, you launch BlackBerry World on your device and are present with Terms and Conditions every time? You click on "I Accept" and then browse for an application and click on  Download. But nothing seems to happen after?

If this isn't the case, can you please clarify in detailed steps what is happening? 

If you wish to call BlackBerry support directly, you would incur fee based charges but you can call your mobile provider and ask them to open a ticket on your behalf.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gary131313

Thanks for responding. I have the new 4.0.0.fd which I just downloaded again 3 days ago. To answer your other question, I load AppWorld without issue, then I search for an app. When I click to download, I get the Terms of Service. When I click to accept, nothing happens. The app does not get downloaded and does not show up anywhere in my phone. This happens over and over again. Very frustrating.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gary131313

Sorry, version 4.0.0.65
Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

To clarify, the BlackBerry World icon disappears? Or you are in the app and searching for apps but then when you go to download an app the T&Cs pop up?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gary131313

The app never disappears. It seems to function properly until I click to download the chosen app. Then the Terms come up, which I click accept. But then nothing downloads. If I click download again, the Terms come back again and still nothing gets downloaded.
Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

What software version does your Bold 9900 have installed? What's your BlackBerry World version?

Clear your cache as shown in http://bbry.lv/jIYhnr and reboot then attempt to download a free app to see if the T&Cs get accepted and no longer appear.

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.