Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

olikenward
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Cant update Blackberry App World

Hi - hoping someone can help as I am having issues updating BlackBerry App world and consequently using and updating all other apps. 

I have a BB Curve 8520 with operating system v5.0.0.1036.

I currently have Blackberry app world version 2.0.1.12 and I am being asked to update to version 4.3.0.32

I have tried to upgrade the app with both wireless on and off and everytime the upgarde seems to succeed but after restart when I go back to App World the update seems to have no impact and I am told again I need to upgrade. When I look in the applications folder I can see the app still shows as the version 2 model. 

I cannot remove app world and try again as it seems my company IT policy has it locked down (i.e I cant delete it). 

Any advice on how to resolve would be appreicated. 

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cant update Blackberry App World

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

You should probably talk to your BES admins about why they would forbid you deleting it. And that may be what is preventing the update from installing also, so you may have no way around it but to get your BES admins to make an adjustment...they are in total control

But, just in case, rather than trying to install via the prompted update, you can try, via your BB Browser, this url:

Otherwise, it will be up to your BES admins to assist you.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.