Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
mcode
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

Changing Icon Size in BAR XML

I recently participated in the Game Port-a-thon and got the following message today,

"After installing your application on the BlackBerry PlayBook(OS version 2.1.0.1088) and Dev Alpha, there is an icon issue after installing the application (it appears as a Android), please make sure the icon size is 86x86 in a blackberry-tablet.xml file and included in your bar file. "

Please note that I used the online android tools to package all of my apps and thus have no idea how to actually compile them manually, especially if they are android apps. How may I make the necessary change in the BAR without corrupting the file? Is it possible to just extract using 7ZIP to change (I would suspect no)?

Thank you for the help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcode
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

Re: Changing Icon Size in BAR XML

Do you think I can fix this by just packaging 86x86 icons with my Android apk and then running the porting tool again? In my test, that also included an 86x86 icon in my apk but no XML file so I'm not sure if I should proceed with it.
Please use plain text.