Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Nomek
My Device: Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

Curve 8310 on T-Mobile UK - Upgrade your service .... message

Downloaded App World to my Curve 8310, Downloaded and installed fine.If I try to run it, I get the message:

'Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details.'

Device: Curve 8310

Carrier: T-Mobile UK

OS version: 4.5.0.69 (platform 2.7.0.72)

Service: BIS

Plan includes unlimited web'n'walk (internet browsing) and Blackberry email. Have no problem using internet browsing, receiving emails or using other programs which need data plan to operate, so do not understand this error.

I have not reported this to T-Mobile yet, becauseI beleived the error was some kind of problem between RIM and UK Carrier, as I had seen reports from users using all UK carriers with the same/similar messages.But having read the reply ffrom Rim on another thread re the same problem on the Vodafone network, and them saying it was a Vodafone problem, I am wondering if I should ring T-Mobile.

A reply from a RIM staff member would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

New Contributor
deathcab1
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve 8310 on T-Mobile UK - Upgrade your service .... message

Hello,

having the same problem, and when i emailed them they suggested i check the default browser is set to web'n'walk. It already was so the problem still hasn't been solved. Could you check this on yours as well? I'm on a curve 8900 but i assume its the same.

Could you post back also if you call t-mobile or find a solution? i'd love to know! :smileywink:

New Contributor
Nomek
My Device: Curve 8310

Hi,

I have got it to work, here's what I did:-

Spoke to T-Mobile tech support who said that they are not supporting the App until it's been tested, but they did say they had some success in helping customers to get connected.by resending the service books. So I got them to resend them but before I did I battery pull I removed the Appworld (Options>Advanced Options>Applications select Blackberry App World, press Menu Button, select Delete) Once deleted I pulled the battery and waited for about a min. Once rebooted I re-downloaded the app using the email link I had, then installed. App World now opens.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem :smileyhappy:

nabil2310

Dear Nomak,

just wanted to say this works!! thank you so much. i basicly rang T mobile few weeks ago and they said they dont support it but i did what you sed

1)delete app

2)remove battary

3)re install

and yay it worked fine. and here was me thinking T mobile suck for not supporting app world.

Thank you so much!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Nomek wrote:

Spoke to T-Mobile tech support who said that they are not supporting the App until it's been tested, but they did say they had some success in helping customers to get connected.by resending the service books.

Do I understand things correctly ?
that T-Mobile representative told you that T-Mobile does not support the App World yet?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
ronnie666

I currently have unlocked T-mobile branded 8320 running on Rogers’s
network. Do I install OS 4.5 from T-mobile or can I use the one from Rogers (including
deleting the vendor file)? It’s where I am a bit confused on. I have done the
OS 4.5 beta installation (but switched back to 4.2 due to lags and couple of
minor problems) so I know how to do it for the official version of the OS.

Regards,

Ronnie Williams

Wireless Phone Gallery:  The best
source of all cell phone accessories, iPhone accessories, blackberry accessories, palm
accessories and other cellular companies accessories.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

your mobile phone is running on the Roger's network, so it is natural to use the OS from Rogers.
you have already loaded a beta OS, it's the same with an official one.

Please read the following article to know the list of OSes for the 8310.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=6807&page=7

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: