Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
rever
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve 8900 w/ EDGE system requirements problem

Hmm, yeah i think i found the problem here. I have the following options:

1)Hotspot Browser

2)Rogers mall

I have it set to Hotspot Browser right now, used to be Rogers mall.

In the browser configuration i have the browser identification set as BlackBerry.

It seems that i am missing the BlackBerry browser app.....eh...what the hell? Any ideas how to fix this? 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Curve 8900 w/ EDGE system requirements problem

Hmmm. So you're missing BlackBerry Browser and Internet Browser. Setting it to either of those should work. In your first post you said you have a BlackBerry Data Plan right? Usually those service books are sent down to your phone by your carrier after provisioning your device.

You can try sending the service books yourself by doing either of the following:

• Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. Hit the menu button and choose Register Now. Doing so you should get a registration message sent to your device. After you get the message just reset the device by removing the battery for 30 seconds and replacing it.
  • You can log onto your carrier's BIS website and go into the Service Books section and hit the button to send service books.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.