If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
tispectrum
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Data service not operational

I downloaded the free update for Shazzam, and now get the above message when trying to open App World.  i deleted Shazzam and still get the same message.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Data service not operational

What is your data signal showing on the deivce? 3G, EDGE, 1xEV, etc?

Can you try to reset the device and try it again? With the device powered on, remove the battery for 30 seconds and replace it. After the device reboots try to open App World again

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tispectrum
My Device: Not Specified

The phone had rebooted after deleting Shazzam, but I guess that doesn't work as well as pulling the battery.  It now works.  Thanks for the assist.

Please use plain text.
jeroen23
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: none

It didn't work for me i've let the battery out for 2 min and i've rebooted it but it still says: the data service is not operational. I have never been able to acces BB app world :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

@jeroen23

contact your carrier hotline and ask them to fix things so you can access AppWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
dylcee0147
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

does blackberry app world use internet because i dont have interent and i was wondering if thats why it is coming up data service not operational?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

yes among the technical requirements to be able to use AppWorld, there is the BlackBerry Data Plan.

If you do not wish to subscribe to a BlackBerry Data Plan, I suggest you to download your application at another shop. You can go to Handango, Handmark, MobiHand for example. Most free apps are available over there, and premium apps are the same price as on AppWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
benjiefish
My Device: curve 3g
My Carrier: O2

I didn't work for me!!!!! do you need signal for it to work? it just keeps saying data service not operational?!?!? PLease help please, please help :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
benjiefish
My Device: curve 3g
My Carrier: O2

i took the battery out and restarted it but no it doesent work.....

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

you need to call O2 support and tell them to activate your data plan.

Please use plain text.