Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
cron912
My Device: Not Specified

Device Replaced Under Warranty - Can't Get (Some) Apps to Work

[ Edited ]

My Storm was recently replaced under warranty. After installing AppWorld and attempting to log in, I got a message saying that all device PIN changes had been used, but this is only my second device. I can install apps, but for any that I'd purchased previously that require an activation code, the code has not been updated to work for the replacement device. Can I get previously purchased apps to work on my replacement device?

Thanks.

PS I have already tried to contact BlackBerry Technical Support, selecting 'BlackBerry App World - Billing/Payment' as the component, but in says that the PIN for my device (I tried the PIN for both devices) isn't valid, so I can't submit it.

Message Edited by cron912 on 07-21-2009 10:26 PM
Message Edited by cron912 on 07-21-2009 10:26 PM
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Device Replaced Under Warranty - Can't Get (Some) Apps to Work

contact storefrontmanager@rim.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
cron912
My Device: Not Specified

Frustrated

Ok, I have tried everything I know to try.

I went https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic, selected 'AppWorld - General', which apparently just creates a new thread in the 'Downloaded Applications for BlackBerry Devices' forum. Response in that thread says to go to the same form and select 'AppWorld - Billing/Payment'. I do so, put in the PIN for my device, and it says to enter a valid PIN, so I can't even submit it! I tried the PIN for both the original and replacement devices.

Also, a week ago today, I sent an email to storefrontmanager@rim.com as JSanders suggested above. This morning I sent a second email, finally getting a response back that that email address is for vendor support only.

What do I need to do the get my PIN reset for AppWorld?

Thanks.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Frustrated

Hi there!

Please check your PM's on this site -- there is a specific process to follow, but it cannot be posted on this site.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code