If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
egor7
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Beeline

Different AppWorld prices for the same app in WebBrowser and through BB AppWorld

I see the different prices in WebBrowser on my mac and through my BB device. For example Piano for kids costs 0.99$  in web browsers, and the same app through BB 9780 costs only 0.75$.

But then I try to buy it through BB (app for 0.75$) - and got a error! - I done battery pull, restart, and the result is the same - I can't purchase via BB device - no one app! So I connect it to Mac Book and install through Browser (for 0.99$).

Help me with this issue please.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Different AppWorld prices for the same app in WebBrowser and through BB AppWorld

which country?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

Re: Different AppWorld prices for the same app in WebBrowser and through BB AppWorld

The problem persist after days? I think it s a server update error ..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
egor7

Russia, but does i matter?

Should I use any proxy to force BB AppWorld workng?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

I don't know yet, trying to find an explanation.
Is your Paypal account a USD account?
is your SIM card from a Russian operator?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
egor7

Paypal use USD as payment currency, and I do not use SIM card yet - I'm trying to configure wifi network first. I need to verify the device and servises quality first to switch to the BlackBerry. Its ability to work without mobile operator over wifi network only.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

yes you are right, I do the same.

is this the app ? I see it free from France (using the web app world, without being logged in)
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/115352/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
egor7

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/101026/
check its price wia bb please - whould it be the same 0.99$?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Here is what I see:
- on my desktop, not logged: the price is USD0.99
- on my fesktop, logged with my French BlackBerryID : EUR0.99 (20% more expensive, as usual)
- on my 8900, logged with the same French BlackBerryID: EUR0.99

so in my opinion, it is consistent with what you see:
when you are not logged in, there is a price.

when you are logged in (with webstore or BlackBerry phone), you have another price.

From USD to EUR, the conversion rate has always been 1:1, which I find outrageous for European consumers, but at least there is a concrete explanation.

from USD to USD in your case, I do not know why this happens.

Here is what I would do if I had the issue:

1) Can you contact the editor (SRID games) and ask them what is the price that is supposed to be applied.

2) you say that there is an error when you try to buy the app using AppWorld on your 9780. Can yu give us the exact error message?

3) (I don't know if it works well) on your Mac, use the browser to buy the app, without tethering the 9780. Once it is done, reboot your 9780, then using the 9780 go in MyWorld and refresh the apps. You should be able to select the Piano app, and install it without paying again.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

"From USD to EUR, the conversion rate has always been 1:1, which I find outrageous for European consumers, but at least there is a concrete explanation."

I find that outrageous too.
Please use plain text.