Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
paulkirk
My Device: 9320

Disassociate iphone

Long story short daughter suggested I install bbm on my iphone so we could chat. Didn't realise I registered my email for her blackberry account. Ping, her bbm contacts everything on my iphone. Managed to get another id and her bbm back on her blackberry. I still get her broadcasts. Tried delete from iphone and reinstall register with new account but I still get her broadcasts. Wtf who would ever purchase a blackberry.
Any idea how to get bbm broadcasts for her account back to her phone and off my iphone, bloody kids talk rubbish.
Forums Advisor II
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Disassociate iphone

[ Edited ]

Don't blame BlackBerry for this.  You own this screwup.  

Something I don't understand,  and maybe I won't be the only one:   BBM allows a user to broadcast a message to multiple recipients recipients.   The analogy is sending an email to multiple addresses. Is this what you mean when you say broadcast?  And are you getting the broadcast sent by your daughter, or broadcasts sent to your daughter?

Also, what exactly did you do?  Once you realized the problem, did you leave your daughter's BB ID alone and just create another BB ID for you?    

- Ira
New Contributor
paulkirk

Ira

Thanks for the reply, I do own the screwup!, I spend hours over ther weekend trying to fix it.

My iphone now has my new ID I created on the weekend, I now have one contact, my daughter.

My daughter blackberry now has my orginal ID I created last year for her as she was under the age to create one herself.

She can see all her contacts and groups but no longer gets the broadcasts on her blackberry from her friends, I get them on my iphone.

I log into the online blackberry ID system, there is no options to move phones, disaccociate etc.

I was just pointing out, what company makes it easy to move to another type of phone but not back. I see forum requests for the same issue with no suitable answer.

I guess it would be a case of closing down her/my original login and her creating a new one now she is old enough to get her own login

Forums Advisor II
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I wasn't aware there are others with same issue. From your description I think it should be working correctly and I don't know for sure what to do. If you are getting broadcast messages from people that aren't contacts on your iPhone, I'm really confused.

Having your daughter wipe her BlackBerry and start over from scratch with a new ID is worth a try. Just remember to do a full backup first. I don't know if this will fix the problem because it may be on your end, somehow.

Before you go so far as to wipe, etc. you could have your daughter delete contacts and then add them again.

Just out of curiosity, do regular messages sent to your daughter go to her? Is it just the broadcast messages that are messed up?
- Ira
New Contributor
paulkirk

Ira

Thanks for the reply. Chatting with my daughter last night over bbm she can see my chats but if I broadcast her she doesn't get them. I still get the broadcasts from her friends.

Will try the reinstall with her over the weekend.

thanks

Paul