Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
mwolf222
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220
Accepted Solution

Download to computer, then transfer to phone?

How do I download apps to my computer, then transfer to phone via Blackberry Desktop manager?  I had to get rid of my data plan on my phone, but I still want to use functional apps on my Blackberry.  There should be a way to do this, or do I need to switch to an iPhone?  I thought that was what BB Desktop Manager was for?   

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
gvbdad
My Device: curve 8530 verizon wireless

Re: Download to computer, then transfer to phone?

I have downloaded apps to my desktop and then transfered using a usb cable with out desktop manager. 

Depending on the apps, you would still need a blackberry data plan

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>~

Hope I was able to help

If you have received information that has helped you out, please give them Kudos.

If your problem has been solved, please click on the post that resolved the issue

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mwolf222 wrote:

How do I download apps to my computer, then transfer to phone via Blackberry Desktop manager?  I had to get rid of my data plan on my phone, but I still want to use functional apps on my Blackberry.  There should be a way to do this, or do I need to switch to an iPhone?  I thought that was what BB Desktop Manager was for?   

I don't think switching to the iPhone will get apps loaded to your BlackBerry. :smileywink:

Some developers provide the *.cod/*.alx files for Desktop installations. Some do not.

If the apps you want do so, download the above files to your PC, use Desktop Manager > AppLoader and proceed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mwolf222
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

Thanks for your help.  I was able to get some apps to load from Crackberry.com.  Selection is limited to apps that will download to computer first, versus over-the-air downloading.  I can't seem to find any on Blackberry app world, though.  This seems strange, as it forces us to seek out other providers.  Seems like BB App World is missing the boat! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rado-steve
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Any idea if the Photobucket app can do this as it wont bloody download on my handheld!!!

Please use plain text.