Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

sashasoro
My Device: BOLD 9930

ERROR: A BlackBerry ID with this username already exists

We are a growing business with 100 technicians using Verizon BlackBerry Bolds 9930.  I create BlackBerry IDs for my techs which I started doing after the third guy forgot his password.  I frequently run into the issue of not being able to create a BlackBerry ID for a new tech.  No matter how nonsensical the string I put in under Username is, the message says: "A BlackBerry ID with this username already exists.  Please provide a new username to continue".  This usually resolves itself in a day or so but this is becoming a huge issue with our business growing rapidly.

Today, I had five technicians start.  Because of this bug, they cannot download the BB application that dispatches work requests to them.  They can't start their jobs because of this bug.  My business lost $1,500 in non-reimbursed wages today because the techs cannot go do work for our clients.  Dear RIM, can you please fix this for good??

In the meantime, does anyone know a workaround?  Verizon said they were experiencing the same thing and could not help.

Regards,

Sasha.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: ERROR: A BlackBerry ID with this username already exists

[ Edited ]

I wonder if this is related to the email address being used in that field.  Are you using new email addresses for the techs?

http://docs.blackberry.com/it-it/smartphone_users/deliverables/36054/RIM04068_BlackBerry7_BBID_Setup...

See page 2

I found this article too.

http://crackberry.com/dear-rim-please-fix-blackberry-id-registration-process-both-blackberry-7-smart...

I'm not a RIM employee though.  Can you ask that Verizon escalate this issue directly to RIM?  Sorry this isn't working as expected.  You've done some good troubleshooting.