Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Naf
Visitor
Naf
My Device: Curve 9300

Error 11400

Trying to buy Buzzme Premium on my Curve 9300, everytime I do, get the same error: 11400 Contact Credit card company or something, updated App world, tried buying through my computer, ect. Nothing is working, this is so annoying, such a simple task, and yet its denying me. ARGHHHHHH.

Searched these forums with no definitive answers, all of those people have been reffered to more topics which have no answers. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER!?!?!?!

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error 11400

Hello Naf and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with BlackBerry App World™.

Did you check your credit card details to ensure the card number and expiration date were entered correctly? 

Do you have a PayPal® account? If so, are you able to change the payment method to PayPal to try and complete the purchase?

Consult KB26621 How to change the payment method in BlackBerry App World for either the BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry smartphone to change your payment method.

Hope this answers your question.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Remian8985
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

[ Edited ]

Hello mr. hmthepirate, the great BlackBerry "Technical Advisor" :/ 

What kind of response is this? You have the option to pay with credit cards, why do we have to create a PayPal account? If PayPal is the only way, why do you even have the option with credit cards? and "Pay with PayPal" is NOT a solution to "Error Id: 11400". This is NOT called a solution. This is called avoiding the problem. Either remove the option with credit card or fix it or at least stop giving these answers. I have combed the BlackBerry forums and support site and didn't get a serious answer or fix for error 11400 yet.

Sincerely,

An Angry Customer considering switching to something else than BlackBerry

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Goodness me! You start so pleasantly, then continue to almost insult our friendly BTA!

Please understand something about all of this. RIM cannot control everything in the world. Some countries allow all payment methods, others restrict to only some. Some carriers allow all payment methods, others restrict to only some. RIM provides, in their systems, all of the payment methods, but sadly they cannot keep up with all of those possible combinations (country and carrier restrictions) and keep the system itself capable of offering only those that function for one specific user. Hence, it does fall to the end user sometimes to find the payment method(s) that work for them, given their particular country and carrier restrictions.

I honestly also wish that the system could be better and more automated in these regards. But such is not how things work at this time. Perhaps in the future, but not right now...and of course nothing about the future can truly be discussed.

Further, please note that the response you so object to is nearly one year old now...sadly, though, I don't think the information has yet changed (I can find no public KBs specifically discussing the 11400 error).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code