Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
boomerbrent
My Device: Not Specified

Error ID: 10808

I have been unsuccessfully trying to purchase application on Blackberry App World for the last two days - but keep running into problems. I have been able to solve everything until now...

When I try to purchase an applciation I get the following message,"No credit card on file. Add a credit card or PayPal balance at https://paypal.com (Error Id: 10808)"

I have been looking unsucessfully for a fix, everytime someone posts a simiar problem, a reply states that they need to register with the forums and wait for a private message. Well, I have registered, tried to report the problem to the technical assistance request form and I am now posting here in hopes someone sees this and sends me a private message with the fix...PLEASE HELP - I have never dealt with something so ridiculous as trying to use this application...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error ID: 10808

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There are very few PM fixes that are given out...and your problem description does not seem to yet fall into the category of any of those. So we will start here in the public forum.

1) You did not state, so I will not assume -- have you logged into PayPal and verified that you have a valid credit card on file with them? You might need to test it by actually doing a purchase elsewhere to be sure that the transaction goes through.

2) When you "tried to report the problem to the technical assistance request form", what exactly happened? One of the results from that indeed requires the PM instructions here...but you did not say what happened, so we cannot know.

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johngardner58
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the same problem.   I cannot purchase apps in App World.   I get Error ID 10808.  After authenticating to my paypal account.

I am sure my login is correct.   I have three cards available and a balance exceeding the required amount for payment.  The account works fine for all other sites (e.g. eBay)

In App World it thinks I have 0 balance and 0 cards.  Login is successful, it just thinks I have no money!

I have a bb curve 8900 and the OS is up to date 4.6.1.231  platform 4.2.0.108.   75 M free application space.

I have no problem downloading free apps from App World.

Note the BB is registered with AT&T and Blackberry Internet server.   I can also access my paypal account using the mobile paypal app but this doesn't work with BB App World.

I would really like to buy some of these apps but the BB don't want my paypal money and there is no alternative payment scheme

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi there!

You didn't post relevant details (device OS level ["up-to-date" tells us nothing], carrier, country, AppWorld version, etc.) in your profile or post, so I must first guess and provide you with this link to see if it is relevant to your situation:

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johngardner58

[ Edited ]

It is there now.  And you can look at my updated profile.  App World version is 1.1.0.24

Country is US, Carrier is AT&T

Platform is 4.2.0.108

Application is 4.6.1.231

Titanium Curve 8900

75 M of memory.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

OK...but please remove your PIN from public posts...a really really really bad idea to publish...

johngardner58 wrote:

Platform is 4.2.0.108

Application is 4.6.1.231

Is that exactly what line 3 of the About screen (Homescreen, Options, About) says? I'm thinking that you are on 4.6.1.231 as the device OS level...from what I can tell, there are updates...you might try them:

johngardner58 wrote:

75 M of memory.

Is that App Memory? File Free? Some other thing?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johngardner58

Oops, sorry!   That is free memory.   Anything else u need?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yup...see my prior post...I was re-editing it while you replied...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johngardner58

The device updates match.   I normally use the Desktop Manager to check for updates  but when looking at the updates in the link the platform and application matched.   I checked for updates today and didn't get any.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

DTM does not always get updates. It often gets minor updates that don't change the device version, but it often will not get updates that change the actual version number. This might especially hold true if you've installed, to your PC, your device OS package. Nevertheless, from what I can see, your are one device OS version behind.

Your BB: 4.6.1.231

The DL Site: 4.6.1.315

Nevertheless, this isn't a sure thing to fix your issue...it could be something else entirely. This is just the first thing I see...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.