Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

JDC75
My Device: Bold 9930
Accepted Solution

Error ID 30210

I have a 9930 bold and when I try and purchase an app I get (at least one parameter is invald Error ID 30210). I tried Verizon and they directed me to BB. I have tried to purchase with a credit card and paypal and got the same result.I have down loaded all the current updates. Any body have any Ideas. I have also turned the phone off and removed the battery and reinstalled. Same problem. Thanks for youre help.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Error ID 30210

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sadly, there is no public KB with that error code or description...so this must be some new error that has yet to have documentation released to the public. Can you provide more details please? Specifically, your exact (all 4 octets please, not the "bundle" number) BB OS level as well as your exact AppWorld version?

JDC75 wrote:

I tried Verizon and they directed me to BB.

Sadly, this is where VZW let you down. You see, this site has nothing whatsoever to do with any formal support from RIM. Rather, this site is a user-to-user community. Further, since you PAY VZW for your services, they also remain responsible for 100% of your formal service-related formal support...and they seem to have fobbed you off. You see, the only way for you to receive formal support from RIM is via escalation from VZW...they have the ability (indeed, responsibility!!) to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot resolve. Sadly, they let you down and fobbed you off...since you PAY them, you should be rather upset with them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
rvisser
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi, 

I have the same issue and I can provide you with details you asked for:

BB OS v6.0.0.668, (Bundle 2949, Platform 6.6.0.236)

App World version 4.0.0.63

rgds

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You might try falling back to the prior version of AW...which can be accessed, via your BB Browser, from this link:

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
rvisser

Thanks for the link and the tip.

The issue persisted, so I guess it was not due to the version of AW.

rgds

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Perhaps not...in which case formal support is your proper next step. Only via your formal support channel can an issue be escalated into RIM.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Bertwong17
My Device: Bold 9900

My 9900 with OS7.1 Bundle 2108 (verson: 7.1.0.746) and App World 4.0.0.65 also have the same problem for past 2 weeks.

I called to my service provider but they also couldn't fix the problem by saying that RIM didn't have this error report.

Restart, restore, down grade OS to  7.1.0.523 all no use!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello,

Bertwong17 wrote:

I called to my service provider but they also couldn't fix the problem by saying that RIM didn't have this error report.

Yes, we've confirmed that...RIM publishes everything that is public in their Knowledge Base, which is publicly available, and contains nothing regarding this specific error code. Hence, one can only assume that it's a new error, and they have yet to release public information concerning it. Only formal reporting, via the formal support channel (e.g., a ticket escalated from the carrier), can accomplish escalating the issue such that it receives adequate attention so as to perhaps push them quicker to publish a resolution.

So, what your service provider said there was nothing more than confirming what is already known...but, what they neglected to do was to formally escalate the issue to RIM. Only they can do so...end users have no path to directly escalate anything to RIM.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
rvisser

Unfortunately it appears that my carrier is unaware consumers cannot directly contact RIM because I was adviced to do so.

I told them so now they should know. 

They did google for me to help me with my problem, ending up on this page. So that was fun.

First line support also did not know of a way to escalate it to RIM.

I will contact them again tomorrow, aiming for someone higher in the hierarchy, to push them to log a ticket. They already hinted that they will not do so because of the lame excuse I have sim only. They just forget for instance they did sell me BIS. But it cannot hurt to try again.

If that does not result into anything I will wait a week or two to see if the problem disappears with possible updates. 

Hopefully, in the mean time someone else posts the solution here.

Then the next step will be Blackberry Incident Based support (only for businesses?)

but that is way to expensive for now, costs 39 Euros...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

rvisser wrote:

First line support also did not know of a way to escalate it to RIM.

It is unfortunate how many of the first level agents are often so poorly trained. I agree with you needing to press them for escalation. Try this bit on them -- who do you PAY for all of your services? You don't PAY RIM...you PAY your carrier. As part of that payment, they agree to be your front line support for all service-related issues, and are responsible for escalation into RIM if they cannot resolve it. That, incidentally, is part of the contract between RIM and the carrier...all of that support and escalation responsibility.

rvisser wrote:

Then the next step will be Blackberry Incident Based support (only for businesses?)

but that is way to expensive for now, costs 39 Euros...

Incident support is available to anyone, but it indeed does cost just to ask the question...the reason being that, by using that model, you are bypassing your contractually required (and already paid for, as part of your service subscriptions) support model...and such does not happen without fees.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates