Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Kachrissy
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Cosmote

Re: Error ID: 30702 - HELP!!!!

It worked for me, tks!!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jiten007
My Device: 9360 curve
My Carrier: mobile world

Error ID: 30702 - HELP

I am having the exact same problem. If someone could advise on how to fix that would be great.

I did a security wipe of everything except for contacts (third party apps.) and now have this error. I also cannot access my "blackberry ID Account" information from the options area (options --> blackberry id). I get the following error in addition to the one the OP posted:

"unable to update your blackberry id account information"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2face2012
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Ever since I was made to update my Blackberry App World I've been unable to download any apps!! I keep getting the message 'There is an issue with the current session. Please login to continue (error id: 30702).. what is this?? Is anyone else also having the same problem?? I HAVE logged in and i have deleted/resintalled App World but to no avail. HELP!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mellamoabhinav
My Device: Blackberry Bold 4 9900
My Carrier: Idea Cellular Ltd.

Go to Options -> BlackBerry and try to access your information. It might not display at the first place but you can try it twice or so. Thereafter go to App World -> My Account -> Payment Options where you can re-enter your card details or leave them as it is. This will make it work. Your App World will work just fine
Thanks and regards,
Abhinav Sharma
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2face2012
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I just got your email and i tried wat u said, dont have any credit card but apparently it started working. thanks alot anyways. blackberry friendly user........:Yes:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ruffkonkrit
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: celcom

I don't see how going to the Payment Options helps because the error also prevents the user from editing the BBID. Anyway, I fixed mine and I owe it to these steps by a nice lady - albeit crude but worked like a charm.

http://mrskhairur.blogspot.com/2012/03/blackberry-error-id-30702-in-app-world.html

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mellamoabhinav

I have gone through the link that you've provided but it seems to be a much longer process for sorting out this issue. I agree that the Options -> Device -> BBID might not let you enter the details at first but if you keep trying for a couple of times and even after unsuccessful attempts if you try accessing the Payment Options under BlackBerry App World, you will be prompted to enter your password which will eventually solve your problem. I believe that this will be a quicker solution rather than restarting the phone a couple of times
Thanks and regards,
Abhinav Sharma
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mellamoabhinav

Guys, go through this link to know the exact reason for this issue and the workaround proposed by the BlackBerry Team

http://t.co/iR9H2Kh
Thanks and regards,
Abhinav Sharma
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ruffkonkrit
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: celcom

Workaround 1 is the same solution as the one on the link I posted earlier. Workaround 2 is not even a workaround but a factory reset.

I dunno - I guess its a matter of preference. But I did try the payment options - countless times - didn't work for me. In fact tried it a period of a month. Workaround 1 took me 6 minutes! There are multiple variables that may require different solutions. Mine for instance - runs in a policy environment set by the BES. I don't even use BIS for internet connection - maybe that's why.

Please use plain text.
alannafletcher
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Error ID: 30702 - HELP

go to options > device > application managment > blackberry app world > edit permissions, then allow everything

Please use plain text.