Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
Nireshs
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Error Id: 9300 unable to purchase on app world on my BB Torch 9800

Well Maestrocsf, it worked for me, I just wanted the other ppl 2 just give a try, u don't have 2 be a big baby about it. Every post I see here they all say error, error, error n no posts saying they purchased via a VISA card. I didn't put it 4 u, I put this post 4 the other ppl dats having this problem, if 1 or 2 ppl can purchase, den its 1 or 2 ppl with out the error.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Maestrocsf
My Device: 8520, 9700, 9780, 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DiGi Malaysia

Nireshs. Good for u man. Wish u can solve the problem for me. Have tried almost every method including cancelling the old VISA for a new one just for this purpose. Tried for almost 7 months now.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Maestrocsf

Actually the only time it worked for me was when I flew into Singapore for business. Prior to that I was informed by my Singapore colleagues that they had no problem purchasing.
True enough the moment I landed in Singapore airport I had my BB on and the first thing I noticed the currency of my AppWorld changed to Singapore currency. I was able to purchase from AppWorld all the apps I wanted without altering anything in the PayPal nor Visa settings.
Of course the moment I returned to my country purchase not possible anymore. That period in Singapore allowed me to get a lot of apps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nireshs
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom

Yes I read ur previous post, u lucky 2 even go 2 Singapore. I'm from Durban, I've been trying 2 purchase for almost a year now. I'm using a Gold Cheque Card n da new app world, now its working like a charm
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Maestrocsf

I learnt from my Foreign Exchange friends the problem is related to the recognition of a country's foreign exchange status in the world and of the prevalence of credit card fraud from the affected country. The recognition of this problem of course has to with RIM.
I wonder how true it is regarding the foreign exchange/credit card thing. But RIM is not making any comments, if it were true I gues it is just trying to protect its interests on the one hand and not offend the affected goverments on ther other.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
azrin640
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16G
My Carrier: maxis

Windows Phone solve the problem of buying apps by introducing Windows  Prepaid App Card.

https://windowsphone.promo.eprize.com/redemptionprogram/:b=chrome/?affiliate_id=WPPromo

If only RIM can be innovative enough....

Please use plain text.
Donkamesh
My Device: BB torch 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

RIM sucks **bleep** in Mexico and judging by these posts it sucks everywhere.... their service is terrible and now i cant even buy apps...WTF!? i want to spend money on your apps and i cant PAY!

i would switch to apple if i didnt have a contract with you retards.

Please use plain text.