If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
PunkinPistolero
My Device: BOLD9930
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Error id: 50101

Thought of that, but no computer presently (thanks to my 18 year old son doing searches for Hot Latino Chicks) :eye roll: Any other suggestions?
Great people show thier greatness by the way they treat little people...

I love my BOLD 9930.........Meooooow! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Hahahahaha 18 can be a fun age :smileytongue:

Just an advice on a different topic then:
If you have viruses on your computer, the only way to get completely rid of them is to format the hard disc(reinstall Windows). If you have the Windows CD, just start up the computer with the disc in the disc drive.

THEN reinstall the Desktop Software, and fix the App World issue (:

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PunkinPistolero

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PunkinPistolero

Next week I will get it back. They are trying to save my data. (Only about 2k worth of mp3's and gigs of RAW photo files from my digital SLR). Yes, I am learning the hard way here! After this escapade, all my data will be backed up to an external hard drive and he will be locked out. Kids... :shaking my head:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

If you make a partition of your hard drive, you can use one part for windows and programs, and the other part for media. This way you won't loose all your photos and music if you get infected by viruses again and have to format the hard drive(you only have to format the partition with windows on it, photos and mp3's can't get infected).

The hard way is the best way to learn, then you won't forget what you learnt (;
Please use plain text.
ZackAnthony
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: bmobile

I have a Torch 9810 and I started to get the same error.  I deleted the app and reinstalled and I was still getting the error message.  Thing is I rarely connect the device to the computer nor do I use the desktop program on my laptop....but luckily I decided to try a ratch and install the app using the desktop software and it is only when I connected the device to my laptop and ran the desktop software that the program informed me both my desktop software and device software is out of date.  I unplugged the device and first updated the desktop software....when I was through I then plugged in the device and updated the device software using the desktop software...this will take about a half hour.  Everything is updated......works like a charm now.  My problem I deduce stemmed from the fact that I never updated the device software....I will be checking for regular updates from now on.  Hope this helps....

Please use plain text.