Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
timmyKLB
My Device: Blackberry Bold Touch 9900

Error "907 invalid COD" occurs when trying to upgrade my Blackberry App World.

Hi there. My name is Molopi Mashinini and I'm using a Blackberry Bold Touch 9900. My problem is that I'm struggling to upgrade my Blackberry App World, before it downloads the application, it gives me a message saying that there's a module that already exists on my phone and that its going to be replaced. When the downloading process get to the end at 3137kb, it gives me an error message that says 907 invalid COD. Now I don't know what to do because even the Blackberry Application icon doesn't give me an option to delete it. Please help me because I can't even download or upgrade the applications on my phone.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Error "907 invalid COD" occurs when trying to upgrade my Blackberry App World.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
timmyKLB

Re: Error "907 invalid COD" occurs when trying to upgrade my Blackberry App World.

Thank you for replying. Because I'm using Blackberry OS 7.0, I chose bullet #4. I tried all the steps you gave me but nothing works because under my Application Management, the BB App World doesn't have an option to delete. I only find switch application, view properties, modules, edit default permissions and close from the menu options. Please help because other applications do have the delete option but not the Blackberry App World. Is there anything else I can do?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

"bullet #4"? Do you mean step #4? In any event, I didn't intend for any "choice" to apply....what I provided was intended not as "options", but rather steps to be conducted in order. So if you cannot do step 1, then why not just continue on, starting with step 2?

It is extremely odd that you do not have the ability to de-install AppWorld...very odd indeed. You might have to do so via the Desktop Software instead.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
timmyKLB

I tried all the steps but nothing worked. I'll try the Desktop Software then. I'll let u know when the problem is solved. Thank you for your time.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

timmyKLB wrote:
I tried all the steps but nothing worked.

??? The steps themselves didn't work? Or they did work as documented, but did not help to resolve the situation? Please try to help me understand better...for only by my properly understanding you can I hope to provide you with anything useful here.

timmyKLB wrote:
I'll try the Desktop Software then. I'll let u know when the problem is solved. Thank you for your time.

Good luck and you are welcome!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
timmyKLB

I'm still getting the same error message when I try to download the application and I still can't delete the application from my phone because it doesn't give me an option to delete it. I tried all the step you gave me. Nothing seems to be working. My main problem is that under the application list, I can't find the delete option for the application on the menu button. I'm even thinking of giving up because I followed all the steps but I just can't seem to delete the application.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

timmyKLB wrote:
I'm still getting the same error message when I try to download the application and I still can't delete the application from my phone because it doesn't give me an option to delete it.

Yes, I think we've discussed that more than once.

timmyKLB wrote:
I tried all the step you gave me. Nothing seems to be working.

And I still cannot tell exactly what that means (refer to the first half of post 6 above).

timmyKLB wrote:
My main problem is that under the application list, I can't find the delete option for the application on the menu button.

Yes, we've discussed that as well a few times. Yet you have left me completely in the dark regarding how the use of the Desktop Software worked out.

timmyKLB wrote:
I'm even thinking of giving up because I followed all the steps but I just can't seem to delete the application.

That would be a choice only you can make. It would so greatly help me to help you if I could understand your situation better, most especially the precise results of the things I ask you to try. But, your responses continue to be so very general and vague, with multiple interpretations possible from your words, that I cannot understand how those things work out. Consequently, I am at a loss as to how to help you. I need to understand in order to help you, yet your words do not help me to understand, no matter how many times I seem to ask you for clarification. So I am even more lost than you are.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
timmyKLB

I'll try the Desktop Software tomorrow then I'll notify you about the results as soon as I'm done.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ahhh...okie dokie! Your post 6, with no subsequent mention of the Desktop Software at all, led me toward an assumption that perhaps you'd already tried it...but, now that you have stated clearly, I understand.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates