Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
rodgill
My Device: Torch 9800

Error starting APP: Error loading module 'APP' Verify Error

[ Edited ]

My blackberry 9800 is no longer working with apps .. It appears that all newly installed apps or upgraded apps (purchased or free) now give a 'verify error' on startup. I have re-installed the apps and even re-installed the OS to no avail.

Online forums show many others with this issue but the only advice is upgrade to OS 7 which is not an option for the 9800 I own (a bit over a year old) some suggestion the app registry is full but no idea how to fix this...

This is extremely frustrating that the primary apps I use on my phone are no longer functional and there seems to be no way to get support or help on this issue beyond a vague suggestion that I buy a new device.

Can anyone help?

Blackberry 9800
Rogers wireless
OS 6.0 bundle 2647

Please use plain text.
shane8585
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Error starting "APP": Error loading module 'APP' Verify Error

I was able to fix my phone with the help of Blackberry support.

1. update the desktop software 

2. back up data from phone

3. download the newest version of OS6 to the computer

4. close desktop software then run the  OS6 .exe

5. open desktop software plug in phone to computer and pull the battery.

6. choose the option to install local (downloaded OS6) version

7. note that the 'recommended' option is not the local option -both work but the local option is faster.

8. replace the battery quickly as soon as you see the installation progress bars.

9. after installation is complete, remove from computer and  navigate the browser to app world and download it

10. open app world and update BBM software

11.  download any 'app' that was not working before and enjoy (in my case 'wikitude' 'tumblr' 'ubersocial' 'foursquare' 'wordpress' 'twee tcaster' and 'BellTV')

lastly, go back to the desktop software and get your data back

Took about an hour+    112mb downloaded for desktop software and 189mb downloaded for OS6...all this so I could use the wikitude app (it was worth it)

Blackberry Bold 9780

Bell Canada 

Blackberry's number is 877-255-2377 but if you call your carrier and have them transfer you; you wont have to pay for your Blackberry ticket/case #

Bell Canada was helpful and RIM was helpful 

Please use plain text.
Blair93
My Device: Bold 9760

Re: Error starting "APP": Error loading module 'APP' Verify Error

I found a quicker and easier solution.  I down graded my software version.  I connected my BB via the blackberry.com OS6 upgrade link and because my version was the most recent I chose to try downgrading instread.  Now all my apps work just fine.  But I am unsure whether or not I should upgrade again........... hmmmm.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mobile9700
My Device: 9700

Re: Error starting APP: Error loading module 'APP' Verify Error

Loading error module verif or app? Bb9700 bundle OS6
Please use plain text.