Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
Neil_Ben
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Evernote App for Z10

My most used application has been Evernote.  I had it downloaded on my previous blackberry phone.  I also have Evernote installed on my playbook.  When I went to download Evernote on the Z10, it is not one of the choices I currently have.  At this moment I just need to know if I will be able to get this app?  Is this just a waiting game for compatibility?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Evernote App for Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Evernote gets integrated into the Remember App. What I can't remember is how I initially integrated it...maybe Setup > Accounts? That's where I see it now, but I can't recall if it was one of the selections for adding a new account (it does not show for me now, probably because it's already integrated)...

Give that a try and see. You won't see any Evernote app icon...rather, you use it via the Remember app.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Neil_Ben

Thank you for your quick reply! At the moment I am working on other things and will follow your suggestion later. I will let you know how I make out. Hopefully it will not take me too long??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Neil_Ben

Good Afternoon (Hall of Famer)

Is it possible for me to have telephone support from Blackberry on this integration with Evernote you speak about? 

I did go into reminders and since all this is new to me, I see I have 1 folder marked Neil's calendar which is for my hotmail and the 2nd folder just shows an 'Unfiled Entries'.  I do not know how to use this?  But perhaps I do not need to use it.  Just information?

I followed through with logging into my subscription and looked at the settings, but did not know what was meant and what I should consider changing?  I cannot quite understand how this can help me integrate 'Evernote'.  This 2nd suggestion about 'subscription' may not have come from you.  It was from the email I received from the Community Mailer (supportforums@rim.com

Right now I am not sure how to proceed to get evernote integrated?  Somehow I feel there will be a need to sign into my evernote account as I am a 'Premier' subscriber.

Any help you can give me or suggest would be very much appreciated and 'Thank You'  Neil

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Neil_Ben wrote:

Is it possible for me to have telephone support from Blackberry on this integration with Evernote you speak about? 

Actually, no. BlackBerry does not, and never has, provided front line support for anything at all. Contractually, all formal support starts with the mobile service providers, authorized service centers, or original place of purchase...it depends on the issue as well as the region of the world in which you are located.

For this, if you want formal support, it would be obtained from either your original place of purchase or an authorized service center (I don't know which region of the world you are in, nor which regions use service centers).

Neil_Ben wrote:

I did go into reminders and since all this is new to me, I see I have 1 folder marked Neil's calendar which is for my hotmail and the 2nd folder just shows an 'Unfiled Entries'.  I do not know how to use this?  But perhaps I do not need to use it.  Just information?

"Reminders"? I have no idea what that is... Did you mean the "Remember" application?

If so, then I've never seen any calendars there, so I'm not at all sure how you got that to show there. It always will have an "Unfiled" folder...which is how the Remember app works...you do things elsewhere and, if they are unfinished, they store for you in that Unfiled Remember folder, so that you can find them later and remember to finish them up. But, that's a very simplistic explanation of that app...it is very much more involved than that.

But you probably don't need to use those...but you do need to get a folder to show there for EverNote, as that is how you work with EverNote in BB10, via the Remember app. But, if that Evernote folder is not showing in Remember, then Evernote is not yet integrated to your device.

Neil_Ben wrote:

Right now I am not sure how to proceed to get evernote integrated?  Somehow I feel there will be a need to sign into my evernote account as I am a 'Premier' subscriber.

Yes...that is correct, you need to integrate your Evernote account into your BB. But as I also said, I can't try it for you as I already have it working on mine, but I just don't recall how I did that. I would be willing to remove my Evernote integration and do it over again so as to figure it out for you, but I just cannot do that right now as I'm in the middle of testing some other issues, and I do not want to pollute those tests by doing other things during the tests. I hope you can understand.

My guess is that you need to integrate your Evernote account into your BB, and I think you do that via the same place you would add email accounts. From the homescreen, pull down from the top and select "Settings". In there is "Accounts". It is in that wizard that I think you add your Evernote account. But, again, I'm guessing from what is I am sure a faulty memory.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Neil_Ben

Hi Again Hall of Famer

Thank you  ever so much for taking the time to answer my queries! And for the offer to help me out.  

I live in Canada in the Province of Ontario and live close to the City of Owen Sound.

I will take a look again in areas you have suggested to me and on Sunday I am going to Owen Sound and will visit 'Koodo Mobile' where I purchased the phone.  The other day when I purchased the phone, they themselves had not yet been given a demo to use, so I am hoping to have some luck there.

I will let you know if I have any luck within the next few days.

Have a good day and weekend.  This Monday is a holiday for us and they call it 'Family Day'

Neil

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...good luck and do keep us informed as to how it works out for you.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Neil_Ben

Hi Hall of Famer

I followed your last list of suggestions and I got integrated.  Last night I had gone into 'System Settings' a few times previously and all it showed was the Hotmail Icon.  Last night the Evernote Elephant Icon was showing.  With that I was able to sign in and the process of downloading began.  This morning, at first glance of my Notebooks and files, some appeared to be missing but I now believe all are there. 

I do most of all my changes to Evernote on my PC.  I then sync on my playbook, IPod Touch and now blackberry.  For some reason the Z10 does not show properly the table formatting. And there are other formats which do not appear.

Thank you very much for your assistance on this one.  I am sure there will be many other areas I will need your and other members of the community assistance.

Neil

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are very welcome...I'm glad my guess was correct, for I am still in the midst of some tests that I do not want to interrupt!

I too noticed the table formatting issue...I use EverNote as well for some things, and I have used the check/tic box feature...which does not display properly in the Remember app on the Z10. Just one thing that needs to be addressed by BlackBerry/EverNote as they proceed with correcting the various deficiencies in this brand new device/platform.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dknv9
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Contractually BB can't speak with their customers?  Whoa!  They should see the s*** smearing called customer service I get from ROGERS.  "If it isn't related to the network, or connecting to the network please contact Blackberry.".  "Hitting the Blackberry Wall." method of customer service.

Customer service will be the hole in the **bleep** that sinks the good ship Blackberry.  If they haven't got the message that their customer's (cell service providers) customer (us) is their customer they will learn it the hard way. That's why Apple took the customer experience away form the cell service providers.  And that's how I got reacquainted, sadly, with ROGERS customer service.

Evernote is awesome.  It offers part of that 'cloud' experience people want.  If they can figure out how to integrate it with BBZ10

Please use plain text.