Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
samanthajburton
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

FIXED!! BlackBerry App World ID Problem.

[ Edited ]

SO i have been stressing over this ID problem on app world where the account information screen loops and loops and loops and i couldnt download a thing, i have tried everything suggested but nothing worked. i even updated my phone software and that didnt work. so i went to vodacom my carrier and they helped me. they backed up my phone using desktop manager and then CLEARED MY PHONE completely. put my stuff back on downloaded blackberry app world and IT DOWNLOADS AGAIN!!!!

for those who have paid for apps try to back up those as EVERYTHING gets wiped. if you can do stuff like this (technical stuff) then you can do it yourself. back up your phone using blackberry desktop manager. then go to 'options' on your phone then 'security options' and 'memory cleaning'.

it worked for me and i feel so happy. i am still a little frustrated as it fixes the problem but doesnt give you a reason why the app world wouldnt download in the first place. but anyway i can DOWNLOAD!!!!

:smileyvery-happy:

good luck everyone let me know if this helps!!!

sam xx

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
digitaljez
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: FIXED!! BlackBerry App World ID Problem.

Thank you for sharing this. I have this same app world problem on a brand new 9300. Memory cleaning does not wipe everything so I am wondering if you mean Security Wipe. I am a bit apprehensive about trying this so I would like to be sure about what you did.

Please use plain text.
laiqsayed
My Device: Not Specified

Re: FIXED!! BlackBerry App World ID Problem.

I have the exact same problem
Please use plain text.