Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
luvjones
My Device: Not Specified

Failure to download via blackberry App World

I am failin to download applications using App World.before I cld bt suddenly I can't.I can even download latest facebook upgrade! It says FACEBOOK NOT AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON APP WORLD.I deleted and reinstalled APP WORLD bt no success.am using bb curve 8520 wit v5.0 software
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Failure to download via blackberry App World

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

After you've done that, I next suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

4. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

5. Return to AppWorld. Log into MyWorld (if applicable) and try again.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
luvjones

Thanks for your response Sdgardne,I did all the above steps but still it did not work.I am still unable to download or upgrade applications via app world.I can only download if there is a direct download link [not via app world]
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...next steps...

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements (including if it is available in your country):

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Further, the latest version of AppWorld is currently accessible solely via your carrier data network -- WiFi is not used to access AppWorld under any circumstances. You must therefore subscribe to an adequate level data plan in order for AppWorld to function.

Further still, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Lastly, do understand that RIM does not have unilateral control over the availability of AppWorld. Rather, a triad of entities must agree -- RIM, the wireless service provider, and the government. As the primary for-profit entity in that triad, I've always suspected that RIM is not the one who would be impeding the process.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
luvjones

I appreciate yo efforts on assistance.Am in South Africa and meet the necessary requirements includin availability before I contact my network am not so sure abt the data plan.do u mean the BIS plan only or I must have the BIS and another data plan wit my network?currently am on a prepaid service without any data plan meaning I only buy data bundles when and as l need them but as long as I have enough credit I still have full access to all data needs and my BIS data account is in order.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

For something that specific, you really need to ask them. There are hundreds of carriers in the world with dozens of different kinds of data plans for BBs. Only your carrier can answer the specific question as to if, with your specific plan, you should or should not have access to AppWorld. Be persistent with them and be sure to get escalated to their dedicated BB support folks, who can escalate into RIM if they need further help...you have no free method to seek such support levels other than via escalation from your carrier.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Alia24
My Device: Tour/Bold/Storm/Curve

hello

I have been through the exact same thing, I did everything I could remove BB app world reinsall it

I untalled the apps that won't upgrade and now they wouldn't reinstall

I did the press ALT RST thing same BS

Security wipe of all apps and started over and still no luck

what did work was logging into app worlld on my computer and installing the plugin and syncing my BB phone to BB app world and now everything is back to normal.. I am sure its all connected to us having to sign on BB ap world now and I remember not that long ago we never need to log onto BB app world on our phone and if you got paid apps you would then but not to upgrade or install free apps

anyways I would go to BB app world and install the plugin and register your phone because it was the only thing that worked for me after this nightmare hell I went through.

Hope it helps

Alia24
My Device: Tour/Bold/Storm/Curve

Also even Verizon had no idea what was wrong, never even occured to them for me to try and log onto BB a[[ world and register and sync

Contributor
luvjones

Thanks Alia,will try that too
New Contributor
jazanderson
My Device: curve 9300 series

I'm on my phone right now, so I cannot see the replies, but I'm having the same problem. :/