Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
Glaedr
My Device: Bold 9780

Featured app messages

Does anybody know how to stop our phones from being spammed with "featured app" messages? I've looked around and all I've found so far is posts telling people to delete app world. I had a lot of trouble getting it to actually install properly in the first place and to get the icon to display so I'd rather not delete it in case it's needed later and I have to go through all of that again. I don't remember seeing any boxes to tick to opt in or opt out and I can't find anything in settings/options that looks like it will stop them. I never used to get them so something must have changed recently and they're driving me insane. If I want a tarot card app I'll look for one myself. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Featured app messages

Is there an application that sends you the featured app?

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Glaedr

Not as far as I know. :smileysad: I just get a star shaped icon in an alert, and clicking on it doesn't even take me to the message itself. I had to look up what the icon was for and eventually found it in my general messages screen. The one I got today is for some tarot card rubbish but there have been several others and none of them seem to be linked in any way. Neither have any of them seemed to have anything to do with an app that I already have. I only have one paid app and that's the official driving theory one which I've had for months and not had any problem with or messages from at all.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Kindly go to Application Management within the Options icon for the list of apps. you should see there a specific app that send these notifications. I don't think these notifications come from App World.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Glaedr

Sorry, could you confirm which options icon you mean please? I don't see one inside App world and the only other one I can find doesn't seem to have that option.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Options icon from your homescreen > Device > Application Management

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Glaedr

Ahh found it. Thanks. :smileyhappy: How do I tell which one is sending messages? I have Memory, Application Storage, Applications, CPU, and Usage tabs. Would it just be one of the ones that's listed as having been used?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

look for the app under Applications

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Glaedr

Typically they all look the same to me. Is there meant to be some sort of highlighting or additional icon displaying? Sorry for all the questions. I'm half asleep so it's probably right under my nose.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaFox
My Device: Torch 9850

I am having the same issue and have started a discussion on Crackberry: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9860-9850-f238/advertisement-spam-app-world-727830/ I get an orange star notice icon, find a message in Messages, opening it takes me to App World for some app I could care less about from some app maker I have never dealt with nor installed any software/app from. If there is supposed to be some app creating these spams on my device, and they are not coming from App World, what is it? If this is feature of App World, how do I turn it off or opt out?
Please use plain text.