Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Featured app messages

Reply from user raino on CrackBerry:

"I finally caught an offender. I got an ad for "Advanced RAM Optimizer" from AppsForBB.com. I went to app management, and noticed the World Clock app by the same dev did have internet and wi-fi permissions set to allow. I locked them down, and sure enough, when I click on the ad, I get an app permissions prompt.

Lesson learnt: be VERY strict with your app permissions, and set them as soon as you download an app."

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaFox
My Device: Torch 9850

I got the same spam as raino, except I do not have any apps from AppsForBB.com. Sense then, I have deleted both apps I had from Motek Americas Inc, which was one of the two app companies I had in common with Glaedr. I'll see if I still get spammed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaFox
My Device: Torch 9850

Motek Americas Inc, was the offending app. No more spam sense deleting their apps.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vnsword
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

I've got the same annoying Featured App message. And in my case it's likely Oswald Designs is responsible for it, with its free Email Blocker I had installed and now uninstalled.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CrymDawg1
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same problem. Once I deleted my last "free' app the problem went away. "Free" app wasan SMS to email converter. Got sucked in then Demo time expired and had to pay. Don't remember who the company was though.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BGIBound
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

Be very careful with Oswald designs. Not only is their app generating spam popups on my BB, they definitely lifted my email account addresses and I'm now getting tons of Russian spam via email onaccounts email accounts which were secure previously. They may have evelifted my phone book addresses.

Please use plain text.
Shutterbug483
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have been getting messages to purchase "Silent Camera" which I know is by Oswald Designs.  At times it shows up as a pop up.  Two days ago it showed up in my email in box but when I click on it, it doesn't open.  When I delete it, the star icon stays at the top of my screen.  I've done a battery pull but the email shows up again at start up.  I can not get rid of this thing.  Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Smiling
My Device: Blackberry curve8520
My Carrier: Lime

Worked for me thanks
Please use plain text.
stevesouthmayd
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telus

Had two apps from Oswald: Email Blocker (free version didn't work and paid version would never load) and Jelly Bean. When I deleted both it has looked after the problem noted in this thread. 

Good luck. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SeanMac
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Ruggers

I recently purchased an Application from this company and they keep spamming me to buy more.

They are not returning my emails.  I will probably remove their application and take a hit on the purchase price.  I am very unhappy about getting spammed after purchasing an item.  I expect it for free applications.

Please use plain text.