Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Featured app messages

If you can take note of the Featured Apps' Vendor name and manage to check each of your installed apps' vendor name, you should be able to see the app with the same developer. If you think this may have caused the issue, you may delete it and monitor if you will still get these notifications moving forward.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaFox
My Device: Torch 9850

Thanks for the reply Ronbob, however as noted, I do not have any other app the app maker from the now two notifications I have received. Glaedr posted over on Crackberry that the notification he/she received was from an app make he/she had no app from. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9860-9850-f238/advertisement-spam-app-world-727830/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Glaedr
My Device: Bold 9780

She :Ninja:

And yes I think we've narrowed it down to either the 2 in 1 flashlight version 1.2 by Motek Americas and Nobex Radio version 3.3.14 by Nobex Radio version 3.3.14. I use the flashlight so I've disabled the radio for now to see if it makes a difference.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaFox

;bows; I do think it's odd that an app maker, say company A, would advertise for a company B app. The app you got spammed with, was it in the Featured App section of App World, Glaedr?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Glaedr

Sigh. It's the flashlight. I uninstalled the last used of the two apps - the radio - to see if it made a difference and it didn't. I just got spammed again.

Please use plain text.
BBUser6a
My Device: Curve 9350

It looks like it is BlackBerry App World that sending theose Featured App messages, but it is not.  That is why disabling or removing App World dos not stop them.  It is actually Your BlackBerry ID settings that cause the messages.

To turn them off go to:   Options > Device > BlackBerry ID

Scroll to the bottom and remove the Check from the "I Would like to receive information on RIM and BlackBerry products and services."

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaFox

I have had that unchecked from day one owning my device, so it's not that in this case. It does appear it was the app: Flashlight: 2 For 1 version 1.2 by Motek Americas. According to their FAQ: http://support.motekmobile.com/wiki/index.php/Flashlight:_2_For_1_FAQ#What_does_the_application_do.3... "Periodically, we will send messages to Flashlight: 2 For 1users. These messages give you hints and tips to for using Flashlight: 2 For 1, and sometimes will tell you about other apps that you may also enjoy using. These messages are typically found in your inbox. To read them follow these steps: Select "Messages" Press the Menu key and select "View Folders" Find and select the folder called "Inbox (Flashlight 2 for 1)" You will find the notification in that folder. You can delete the notification after you have read it " Only thing is the folder was named Featured Apps and not Inbox(Flashlight 2 for 1) /shrugs I haven't had a spam sense removing that app.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Glaedr

I've had one this time named "new and noteworthy". I haven't had any more named 'featured app'. This one was for Rebootdeluxe premium by AKDAS InfoTech.

I don't seem to have "Blackberry ID" showing under device. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaFox

Well I just got another spam, even though I have deleted the flashlight app we suspected. Advanced RAM Optimizer Pro by AppsForBB.com Showed up in "New Apps" folder in Messages.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Glaedr

Then it has to be appworld. We only had two apps the same, you have the box unticked and I don't think we even have the same model. Either that or there's a security hole.. And/or deleting an app doesn't delete its permissions. My contract will be expiring soon and honestly this and and another couple of bugs are making me wonder if I should switch to another phone. I love the one I have but things like this should not be happening. Our phones, details and accounts should be secure.
Please use plain text.