Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

JSanders
Solutions: 5,904
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Forgot Blackberry ID Password and answer of security question

bb dus hav options 2 retrieve passwords.

If you can't remember either of the options, you're stuck.

Sorry that you disagree, but you're wrong.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SARoss
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

OK - I have read this thread and a few others related ... so forgive me if I am trying to solve the unsolvable. It seems a common enough problem ...

After having my Z10 cracked LCD screen replaced I am trying to set up BBM, apps etc again - all data was wiped during repair.

I don't remember my BBID password

My secret question makes no sense at all - so, it would appear I was so crafty in creating my secret question that not even I could work out the answer.  I dont know the answer

I have now tried 9 out of 10 wrong attempts . I dont want to lock the device and enter a whole new level of frustration by having attempt #10 fail...

I have looked for the original email from back in the day when I created my BBID, as suggested above ( third BB device, its been a long time since BBID was created )- I don't have it. I have other mails relating to changes of BBID over time, but none have "the link" to delete BBID.

The fix of going to Options, Third Party Applications etc does not work on Blackberry10 devices ...

I DO NOT want to create a new BBID using another new email address - I have apps linked to my original BBID and original email address that I still want to use.

I have contacted my carrier/service provider . And that was several hours of my life I will never get back ...

I guess a simple fix is just delete the BBID altogether and recreate one with the same email address.

or?

What?

How?

PLEASE HELP :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SARoss

Can I request from BlackBerry to get that ORIGINAL registration BBID confirmation email resent to the email address I registered with? The one with the fabled "link" attached that allows for deletion of the BBID, as described in many threads related to this problem ...

?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SARoss

and if my suspicion is confirmed - I wont be able to restore my backed up info/contacts etc from my backup file on laptop and upload to Z10, without signing in to BBID with the original,lost, forgotten details?

So If I create a new BBID with a new address - this critical back-up info will be useless?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

SARoss wrote:

I guess a simple fix is just delete the BBID altogether and recreate one with the same email address.

or?

What?

How?

PLEASE HELP :smileyhappy:

You cannot do that without that original email. BBID and BBWorld are very secure systems, depending on the human for a significant portion of maintaining that security. If the human component fails, several automated methods to try and recover exist:

But, as that finishes off, sometimes the human failure is just too great for the automated recovery to work, leaving human interaction by someone who can do something about it the only remaining option. But...

SARoss wrote:

I have contacted my carrier/service provider . And that was several hours of my life I will never get back ...

Did they escalate to BlackBerry? For that may well be the only way to resolve this. But, again as is discussed in that other thread, recovery under this level of human failure may not even be available.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

SARoss wrote:

Can I request from BlackBerry to get that ORIGINAL registration BBID confirmation email resent to the email address I registered with?

Not that I've heard of...then again, your method to actually make the request to BlackBerry is via escalation to BlackBerry from your mobile service provider.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

SARoss wrote:

and if my suspicion is confirmed - I wont be able to restore my backed up info/contacts etc from my backup file on laptop and upload to Z10, without signing in to BBID with the original,lost, forgotten details?

So If I create a new BBID with a new address - this critical back-up info will be useless?

BBID/Protect has never been useful for backup/restore on BB10, so I'm not quite sure I understand this bit... Did you shift from a different device? I can't quite tell...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,904
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

SARoss wrote:

Can I request from BlackBerry to get that ORIGINAL registration BBID confirmation email resent to the email address I registered with? The one with the fabled "link" attached that allows for deletion of the BBID, as described in many threads related to this problem ...

?

No, you can't get it resent...

Simple: 

You have to remember either the BlackBerryID password, or the secret question answer. Without either, you're stuck.
Your choices are:
--Use another email account to create an entirely new BlackBerryID (with which you will lose access to any purchased apps using the "forgotten" first BlackBerryID, or
--Find the initial email you were sent to confirm the initial BlackBerryID, and in it is a link to click to cancel and delete the account. Click on that, delete the account and then you can use that same email to create an entirely new account.
Good luck.

You can create and reset your BlackBerryID Password from this link:
www.bbid.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SARoss

Thanks for the replies - highly appreciated. I created a new BBID, lost all apps and contacts, and broke some stuff.

I've built a bridge and I'm over it.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

It is a shame you had to go to that extent, but BBID and BBWorld are very secure systems, yet still must depend on a human element to maintain that security. BlackBerry has provided many means by which to automatically recover, but they cannot possibly provide automated means to recover all situations yet still maintain the necessary level of security. Sometimes, the "ultimate recovery" that you have undertaken is indeed the only way.

You are most welcome, and cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.