Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Patrv
My Device: Blackberry 9720
My Carrier: Vodacom Shop
Accepted Solution

Foursquare App - trying to access my location

Please help, I have not downloaded the Foursquare App to my phone (nor even looked at it on App World) but suddenly the Foursquare App is popping up on my screen and requesting to access my location -  there is a tab to allow or deny but when hitting 'deny' nothing happens - i cannot access my phone as long as this Foursquare request to access is on the screen.   I cannot use my phone at all nor access any items on my phone eg  contacts, emails etc.  The only way to remove it and have use of my phone is to take the battery out and do a forced reboot.  Shortly thereafter the same Foursquare request to access my locations is back on my screen -   I did not load the app and dont want it.  It is surely an invasion of privacy ?

Please advise how do I get rid of this app trying to access my phone (Blackberry 9720)?  As whenever its is on my screen my phone is frozen and I cant use at all and only by removing battery and rebooting do i get rid of it temporary!

Please urgent help.

Thanks so much 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Foursquare App - trying to access my location

[ Edited ]

First, we have to get you access to your phone without Foursquare popping up so let's start your phone in Safe Mode. Shut off your phone completely then when you restart it, press and hold your 'Back' button (to the right of the trackpad) until your phone has completely booted up. Don't let go of it until your phone is ready to use; your phone will then be in Safe Mode and only apps that are necessary for your phone to function will load.

Next, we need to find the app and get rid of it so find your list of Applications. I don't know which OS you're running but following Options>Device>Application Management (or similar) should take you to your list. Find Foursquare, highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete. Once you've got rid of it, restart your phone with the power button.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Patrv
My Device: Blackberry 9720
My Carrier: Vodacom Shop

Hi BillJ

Thanks very much for your help - with your very clear instructions I located the App and deleted it.  Hopefully not to reappear again ..

Much appreciated

Patrv

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm glad I could help you.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.