Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Generic SIP client for GSM BlackBerry released for demo/beta

AFAIK my questions have not yet been asked... and to be perfectly honest, I'm quite apprehensive about what the answers might be.  So far there have been a couple of SIP clients for BB... but they've been aimed solely at corporate users or VOIP providers, with an _exceedingly_ large price tag.  Given that this app is proprietary software, my spidey sense is already on high alert.

So before I get too excited about it, I'd like to know whether the full release will be made available to end users and at what price.  I don't want to spend time and energy setting up communications with other people and helping with beta testing, only to find out that I'm out of luck come September.

However, if I'm wrong... I'll be more than happy to eat my words and thank you heartily for providing a *much*-needed solution.  :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 8900

Aviator168 wrote:

Might be a bad install. Do a reinstall http://BlackVoib.com/Download/BlackVoib.jad

I already reinstalled twice --> facing same issue (btw: with v0.50, I had already the same phenomenon).

Any further advice? Can I help anyhow to troubleshoot the error-message, or is it just bad luck, that exactly on my 8900 it won't work?

Developer
My Device: 8520, 8900, 9000, 9300, 9650, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9810, 9900, 9930

g33kgrrl wrote:

AFAIK my questions have not yet been asked... and to be perfectly honest, I'm quite apprehensive about what the answers might be.  So far there have been a couple of SIP clients for BB... but they've been aimed solely at corporate users or VOIP providers, with an _exceedingly_ large price tag.  Given that this app is proprietary software, my spidey sense is already on high alert.

So before I get too excited about it, I'd like to know whether the full release will be made available to end users and at what price.  I don't want to spend time and energy setting up communications with other people and helping with beta testing, only to find out that I'm out of luck come September.

However, if I'm wrong... I'll be more than happy to eat my words and thank you heartily for providing a *much*-needed solution.  :smileyhappy:

You are wrong. This application, when released, will be a SIP client for end users. It is that simple. Eventhrough I have no say in the price. I can tell that it will be very affortable. This is all I am allowed to say that this moment in public.

Developer

mojorisin1948 wrote:

Aviator168 wrote:

Might be a bad install. Do a reinstall http://BlackVoib.com/Download/BlackVoib.jad

I already reinstalled twice --> facing same issue (btw: with v0.50, I had already the same phenomenon).

Any further advice? Can I help anyhow to troubleshoot the error-message, or is it just bad luck, that exactly on my 8900 it won't work?

Have you tried another SIP server? It seems like we have problem with a few certain SIP providers. We are trying to find out what exactly that they do.

My Device: 8520

very pleased to see your answer to  g33kgrrl !

There are many (very cheap) end user sip clients for iPhone and none for BB,  for me this is just speculative intent

If blackvoib will be released as end user app I will purchase it and keep my BB otherwise I will switch for iPhone.

Developer

BlackVoib has been updated.

The current version 0.56

Users now can toggle between speaker phone and handset (from menu) and the volume control is active. Just use the phone's volume control when the main screen is on top.

You can download it from here

http://www.blackvoib.com

New Contributor
My Device: 8700

pleaseeeeeeeeeee guys how i can install the blackvoib.jad on my blackbeery ???????????

the only way i successed to install is by the bb direct

please help

Developer

tifa2009 wrote:

pleaseeeeeeeeeee guys how i can install the blackvoib.jad on my blackbeery ???????????

the only way i successed to install is by the bb direct

please help

We just post the instruction for installing from BlackBerry Desktop Manager on our website. http://www.blackvoib.com. Goto the bottom of the page and click on "Click here if installing from BlackBerry Desktop Manager".

edo
My Device: Not Specified

hi,

i download and instal BlackVoib 0.56 in my bb 8520 v4.6.1.274.

settings

Display Name: My name

user Name: username (tested in softphone and works)

pass. pass (tested in softphone and works)

domain: my domain (public ip)

check register with domain

outbound proxy: (blank)

APN: My APN

check use wifi

STUN Server: stunserver.org

server asterisk (a machine in my office)

i can make calls without problems at all (great!!)

but.... i just can receive calls within 3mins after register or make a call... i cant receive if pass 5 or more mins. with the softphone this issue dont happen.

in cli of asterisk find that my bb SIP account lose register.

somebody have this problem, and how fix it?

thanks a lot for u  time

Developer

We are not seeing this issue. Same setup as yours. BB connecting over WIFI to a public ip address of our asterisk server. BlackVoib registers itself between 8 to 10 minutes with expiration of 600 seconds.