Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

aircooled
My Device: Balckberry Playbook

Google Play

Simple - when will I be able to download apps from Google Play on to my Blackberry Playbook - please dont suggest some backdoor software, this is something that Blackberry/Google should just do, get it working together.

Many thanks

Trusted Contributor
Magnetic_dud
My Device: Z10

Re: Google Play

Will never happen for many reasons, for example:
-loss of control on apps
-malware (do you want a real example on google play? here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cat.wee.hexblast )
-apps that wouldn't work correctly on the playbook (for example: gmail, camera, instagram)
-nobody will use app world anymore
johnsonv33
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

BlackBerry playbook sucks!!! it has the worst apps. I owned one nd gave it to my toddler to play with... Such a waist of money I suggest you save for an ipad instead wider viriaty of apps!!!! Works better!! 

New Contributor
Joannanoel
My Device: Playbook

The worst purchase I ever made. App world is a rip off apps that are free with apple and google are up to £5 on here. People say apple is restrictive with the absence of flash but blackberry is 100 times worse. Seriously I may as well have thrown my money in the bin. And it's such a shame as the new bb phone looks cool but what is the point in even considering it when there is f*** all that can really be done with it apart from bb which is old news now. What's app is far better and just as popular now. Even bb users have what's app!!!
Some one bury the creator of bb. There is a space under my patio waiting for them alongside my playbook!!!
New Contributor
Joannanoel

Now I will make myself NOT a member.
New Contributor
Joannanoel

For those of you wanting a decent and fast tablet that is a fair price extremely fast and Only second to the ipad. Compatible with google play then go for the Ployor momo 8 or above. Fab machine can be found on amazon for as little as £89.
Good luck and make sure to stamp in the piece of s**** that is the playbook before u bin it. I would not even punish anyone else by selling them this under used restrictive and highly ripped off sorry excuse for a tablet
Trusted Contributor
Magnetic_dud
My Device: Z10

LOL are you serious??

Are you really thinking that a £89 chinese android pad with a mips-clone cpu and bugged power management is going to be better than ANY pad?

Good luck.

If you are dying for apps (can you name the killer apps that are you searching for?), sign them with your private them and sideload them.