Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
SAGIO
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

HELP!!! Trouble downloading App World to my 8220 Flip

I'm having Trouble downloading App World to my 8220 Flip.  I have the latest version OS 4.6  180.

Tried through USB and WiFi. I get an error message that says my phone does not meet the requirements that are 

needed to support BB App World.

Does the 8220  support App World?  

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: HELP!!! Trouble downloading App World to my 8220 Flip

Check out the system requirements here

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/download.jsp#tab_tab_system_requirements

Does your phone meet at 4 requirements?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SAGIO

I believe so. The only thing is that I use The BB browser through Wifi, do I still need a data plan?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Correct. Looks that's the one thing you need to access the App World. If you don't have a data plan then you can still download the apps individually. The App World just made finding and isntalling them all a lot easier. A lot of the apps out now though require having a BlackBerry data plan in order to work.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SAGIO

Thanks very much. I guess I will need to get a data plan. :smileywink:

Thanks again for your help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kostas21
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: HELP!!! Trouble downloading App World to my 9700

hi i have blackberry bold 9700 in greece with carrier vodafone.its the latest version    

Software Platform: 5.1.0.96 but when i go to download app world it says to me you r phone doesnt meet the systems requirements that are needed to support blackberry app world.is that happening because greece is outside the countries that support app world ? what can i do?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kostas21 wrote:

hi i have blackberry bold 9700 in greece with carrier vodafone.its the latest version    

Software Platform: 5.1.0.96 but when i go to download app world it says to me you r phone doesnt meet the systems requirements that are needed to support blackberry app world.is that happening because greece is outside the countries that support app world ? what can i do?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements:

Further, please check that AppWorld is available in your country:

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kostas21

thank you and hi

greece isnt to the countries that support app world i know that  because it isnt in the list , my bold 9700

has the latest softoware i am sure o f that ....what i want to know is if i can install it to my phone dont bother if some application dont run...i know it can be because ...i heard from a guy in greece that has blackberry  ,,,,is any way to do it ?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

If your country and your carrier don't support AppWorld, I'm at a loss as to how to overcome that. I know of no way. I've no idea what that guy you heard from is doing...perhaps you should ask him.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kostas21

i think my carrier  support some of the applications my country doesnt ...but the message that i take when i try to do install is not logical <<my system requirements are not enough to install it....>>is any way to install it by another way ?

Please use plain text.