Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
rennymae
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

HELP! please ! my phone can't download applications

Everything was working well and now whenever I try to download an application it starts downloading and then it says "there's an error...ect.." I don't even have facebook app, and I could download some games but they're not launching up when I click on them! Please someone help me cuz I really need some apps ! P.s I'm a Torch 9800 user :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: HELP! please ! my phone can't download applications

Hello,

A critical part of being able to help is a complete and accurate description of what is going on. Most importantly, the complete and accurate error messages that are presented are most helpful indeed. Sadly, "there's an error...ect.." (sic) isn't adequate to begin making any guesses at all.

Could you perhaps provide the complete and accurate error message? Then perhaps we could do more than just WAG.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
rennymae

If i download it from the web it says "authentication error 909" and from appworld all i get is "there was a problem installing -whatever app- please try again" please help me, i cant download anything !
Trusted Contributor
emmanualvnebu
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10

Do you have any other blackberry device???

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/48441/
Contributor
rennymae

No I only have a blackberry torch 9800
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

rennymae wrote :

If i download it from the web it says "authentication error 909" and from appworld all i get is "there was a problem installing -whatever app- please try again" please help me, i cant download anything !

Hello rennymae

Look at this ARticle from RIM's Knowledge Base regarding this error ,Go through it and follow the suggestions :

KB29060 : When Attempting to install some applications, a 909 Authentication error message may be displayed.

Please try it and see if that helps

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
rennymae

I tried it but it didnt do any of the certificates, although i know which ones i need : "Quo vadis issuing certification authority 2" and "Diversinet root" maybe this will help ..
Contributor
rennymae

Solved it, I went to my operator and asked to have my phone wiped and installed every single certificate and thing again. It all works perfectly now ! :smileyhappy:
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi rennymae

Thanks for taking your time and sharing your solution with us after a long time. We are glad that your issue has been resolved :smileyhappy:

Contributor
sammyenny22
My Device: Vodafone Blackberry

Hi, please I need help here. My vodafone Blackberry 9700 can not download any applicaton in the Blackberry world. It always display "error while installing try again" no matter how I try. Please help me. Am getting sick of this