Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
thomas99
My Device: Blackberry 9360

HELP!

I have put in .co.uk instead of .com at the end of my email address. If I backup my device to my laptop and then wipe it will it wipe all passwords and usernames so I can start again?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: HELP!

Hello,

Well, that depends on exactly where you've put this incorrect email address...there are several possibilities, and the location you put it into will dictate your resolution path. The path you suggest is correct for one of those (BB ID), but not all.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
thomas99

I entered the wrong email address as my blackberry ID for app world. I tried to download the new BB messenger earlier and it asked for my user ID and password, but I've forgot the password and I'm unable to retrieve it :smileyfrustrated:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so it's for your BB ID (oddly, in your other post, you said it was for AppWorld...which, in some circumstances, would actually be a different set of credentials from BB ID). Refer:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

If you have no AppWorld records (e.g., records of purchased apps) that you require, then you can safely WIPE and then create a totally new BB ID and simply abandon the old one.

• KB24062 How to create a BlackBerry ID

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
thomas99

Thank you.. So what would be my next step? And how do I wipe it to get a new BB ID? So sorry, I'm useless :smileysad:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

thomas99 wrote:
Thank you.. So what would be my next step?

Well, that depends on your answers to my musings above...if you do not need any existing AppWorld records, then the WIPE and recreation of a new BB ID would be your next step. But, if you require any such records, then your path may well be different. But, since I cannot answer that question for you, I cannot actually answer this question either...

thomas99 wrote:
And how do I wipe it to get a new BB ID?
  • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
thomas99

I don't need any appworld records or anything.. Just need to recreate a new BBID. Not sure on how to wipe it that's all :/
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

The instructions are inside of (or linked inside of) the last KB I provided to you. Are you reading the KBs that I provide to you? If not, please do so... If you do not understand something inside of the KB, then please be very specific about what you are having trouble with...general reports (such as this last one) do not give me anything from which to provide you with more help. If you cite the specific instruction from the KB that you are having trouble with, then I can perhaps provide you with some guidance. But, not being able to see your BB and having only general reports from you results in my not being able to offer you anything of use...so specifics from you are required so that I can have a hope of understanding your situation. General reports from you prevent that understanding...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates