Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
pedrolane
My Device: Blackberry 9000

Re: Re: Having trouble connecting

Contains information required to use and browse the Internet using the Mobile Data Service (MDS) transport. Useless unless you use MDS.
New Contributor
beckaboojm
My Device: 9500

Re: Having trouble connecting

havet I don't have "Desktop [IPPP" in my service books and its still not working on my storm, it works fine on my bold so its not a server issue. its definately RIM issue.
New Contributor
pedrolane
My Device: Blackberry 9000

It worked on my Bold 9000. I don't have a Storm to test with. Is your Storm on activated on a BES?
New Contributor
beckaboojm
My Device: 9500

No my storm is on BIS same as the Bold
zhorgon
My Device: Not Specified

"Hello Everyone. Found the solution. Go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > Service Book and delete Desktop [IPPP]."

This worked for me on my Curve 8330 - Thanks! 

stwhitlock

I also have a BB Curve 8330 on the Verizon network.  I downloaded the app world yesterday and application downloaded successfully.  When I try to connect, I get "Failed to transmit" error.  Will deleting the Desktop (IPPP) fix this problem?  Will deleting that entry cause anything else not to work?
smoothballer

I deleted the Desktop IPPP Service Book and Blackberry App World did indeed start working. However, I am on a BES and my Corporate Intranet was also removed by deleting that Service Book. So my guess is that the Blackberry App World was trying to use the wrong connection to the internet. It most likely got blocked by the corporate firewall.

I hope Blackberry fixes this bug so it uses the connections for the Default Internet Browser.
New Contributor
kthhrrsn
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530

I have a BlackBerry Storm 9530, and I installed App World OTA yesterday morning (April 1) as soon as I saw the email (about 6AM CST).  I couldn't connect and got the message, "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.  Verify your network connections and try again."  I initially thoght the server must be overloaded, so I thought I'd wait a bit.

By the time I got showered, dressed, etc., and went down to start my day, I saw numerous posts and reviews about the App World experience so far.  I tried connecting again...and again...and again.  I have full signal strength & am on the 1XEV network.  ALL other apps work.  Email, Browser, Application Center, Visual Voicemail, GPS, etc., etc.   The only one that's simply NOT working is App World.  I'm frustrated.

I unistalled & reinstalled OTA.  I downgraded my OS back to 4.7.0.75 (from .114), in case there was some sort of odd restriction on unofficial versions (which is doubtful), but still no luck.  I uninstalled the app again & downloaded & installed from my PC.  Still no luck connecting.

I've seen the temporary fix posts which instruct us to delete "Destop [IPPP]" from Service Books, but I don't have "Desktop [IPPP]".  I do have the following:

- IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]

- IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP]

- Company [IPPP]

No other service books specifically list "Desktop" or IPPP.  I will not delete these, nor should I have to, in order to get App World to work.  If my other apps can connect to Internet, App World should be able to as well. 

I certainly hope BlackBerry fixes this issue very quickly.  It seems very strange to me that they wouldn't sufficiently test the new application on their flagship device.  Storm users have been through enough since the launch of the product.  I hope BlackBerry is a bit more diligent in the future about the products that they release.

I do still love my Storm, but I'm growing a bit impatient.  I was really looking forward to using App World.  And now, I can only read about other users' experiences with it.

Keith

Keith
Contributor
lost180
My Device: 9530 Storm

I'm in the exact same boat as Keith above me. No "Desktop" IPPP to remove. But I must be the only one getting the error message "There was a problem reading data from the server and App World must exit. Error type: 100002"

To me, that error code should help with debugging the problem, but nobody seems to know (or respond) what it means....

New Contributor
smartin44
My Device: 8310

Does deleting this cause other problems, though?