If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Question95123
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Hello - I have downloaded Blackberry Apps World and ever...

Hello - I have downloaded Blackberry Apps World and every time I open this it loads, then the screen freezes at the home page and I have to do a soft re-set. I have downloaded this a few times and this happens every time. Also I have the new 8900 curve and meet all the system requirements. Your help you be appreciated. Kind Regards
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Hello - I have downloaded Blackberry Apps World and ever...

Hi!

Typically, the first time you launch AppWorld as well as the first time you go into a category, there is a lot of data that needs to download. Patience is key. I found that waiting at least 5 minutes for each category to fully load helped make subsequent usage smoother and faster...but the first time was very very slow. That's just the way it presently works.

If that does not help, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.