Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

yes, restart now.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

waqar_aziz wrote:
i deleted it from there and says that deletion will occur when handheld is restarted. Restart now?
what should i do yes or no ?!!

Yes, that is what my instructions above say to do .

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz
My Device: bold 9780

i mean that you said to make a battery pull reboot so should i just take out the battery for a minute or press YES to restart now!
And sorry for irritating you guys!! :smileysad:
JSanders

Either one will work in this case.

Honestly, it's not irritating, but your private message notification that i should reply to your thread was somewhat.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

Done what ever you said to me! AW is there on the menu, also working... Now we have to wait till tomorrow! what i figured out was that all those apps which require internet don't work like facebook, viber etc!
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

Same error back again, after less then a day ( around 20 hrs)..
And while opening my world in app world it shows error 40820 and if I try to open the folder of games or apps etc it shows the same old error, connect to a wireless network. Facebook, viber also don't work when AW stops working! Fingers crossed!!! :smileysurprised:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

waqar_aziz wrote:
Same error back again, after less then a day ( around 20 hrs)..
And while opening my world in app world it shows error 40820 and if I try to open the folder of games or apps etc it shows the same old error, connect to a wireless network. Facebook, viber also don't work when AW stops working! Fingers crossed!!! :smileysurprised:

Ha! error 40820 is an easy one. Please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB28188 "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again. (Error id: 40820) " error is displayed when opening App World on the BlackBerry smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

I have read that article before as well and I don't have the AW service book in my device... My brother have the same phone he also don't have the service book of AW, he don't have any issue with it!!

Now what?? :d
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

And let me make it clear that if the AW opens till the home page and if I go to my world then I only get the error 40820 if I try to open games folder or apps folder than it says to connect to a wireless network!
But if AW does not load till the home page ( just starting to open and it starts loading) then it shows the error that connext to a wireless network!!
Let's wait for Jsanders opinion about it!!
JSanders

OK, Your brother has a 9780 with what OS release on it, and running what version of AppWorld?

And, does have WiFi service only, with no BlackBerry Data Plan?

Knowledge Base Updates