Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

waqar_aziz wrote:
And one (last) thing... If I schedule the auto reboot of the device via that app ( quickpull) so it won't put any negative effects on my phone?? Right?!

Nope, it won't do damage to your phone.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz
My Device: bold 9780

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Ok...!! :smileysad:

Again I would like to make a request that please you people try at your end if you have some higher contacts!! :/
JSanders

waqar_aziz wrote:
Ok...!! :smileysad:

Again I would like to make a request that please you people try at your end if you have some higher contacts!! :/

I have used the QuickPull and other auto reboot applications, no damage.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

And I don't know after the reload or the quickpull app, my battery is draining a bit faster...
Any ideas??
JSanders

You can't accurately measure battery drainage from one app install after one day...

and you've been doing so much reloading of the OS... could be many factors.

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

I have some good and bad news!!
The good news is that : I downloaded the QuickPull after making the battery pull reboot(since AW won't work without doing it) and scheduled it at 5 AM, when I saw the phone at around 6-7 AM, it made a confrmation from me to reboot the phone and also showed some sort of error that had the option of Download or Cancel.. Nothing happened if I press cancel while pressing Download the phone rebooted... I unticked the scheduled reboot of the phone ( just to not make it reboot again). Now my AW, FB etc are working fine for about 2-3 days don't know how... But after closing the AW, it says me to reboot the phone.. The error is : A device reboot is required to close some of the actions you performed. Reboot now or later!!
I have been doing later from than, should I take the risk of doing reboot now??
And the Bad News: my Battery is draining in about 24 hrs and before it was around 48 hrs!! :smileysad:
JSanders

Well that is good news. You've probably updated your version of AppWorld, the reason you're seeing the reboot how or later message.

waqar_aziz wrote:
And the Bad News: my Battery is draining in about 24 hrs and before it was around 48 hrs!! :smileysad:

I don't know of any BlackBerry model, when used at a moderate (medium) usage, that will keep a battery charge for 48 hours. Top off your battery during the day and don't drain the battery constantly to 10-15%. Doing so kills the life of the battery quicker.

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

After the update of AW i rebooted the device... i am getting this message after disableing the scheduled reboot! 
1 : Should i take the risk of doing it ?? 

and for this backup of 24 hrs was without usage (since i have inserted the SIM that i dont use ) while 48 hrs was at that time when i used the phone with my original SIM..

2 : In short to increase its like i should charge the phone before the battery bar turns red, right?? 

Please answer both :smileyhappy: !

JSanders

1. The QuickPull app, the way it functions to reboot is that it actually (each time) installs a very minor "dummy" module to the Operating System, forcing or allowing you to choose the reboot. So that's why it is asking you that, because it started the "install" process of this dummy module.

2. Heck yea. Repeat, draining your battery constantly to 10-15% kills the overall battery life much quicker.

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

ok so actually now i have cancelled the scheduled reboot ( not rebooting the device) and as i have said that when ever i now exit the AW it says me to reboot and shows the message :
A device reboot is required to close some of the actions you performed. Reboot now or later!!
should i reboot the phone because i am not making it rebooted on any sort of schedule and i think that if i make it reboot i may start getting the error of AW back again ! :/
what should i do ?? make a reboot or no ?