If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Also, just to add regarding battery life, sometimes different SIM cards can impact battery life as your phone may be searching more for signal from one carrier over the other. So its possible that could be a culprit.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,874
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

waqar_aziz wrote:
ok so actually now i have cancelled the scheduled reboot ( not rebooting the device) and as i have said that when ever i now exit the AW it says me to reboot and shows the message :
A device reboot is required to close some of the actions you performed. Reboot now or later!!
should i reboot the phone because i am not making it rebooted on any sort of schedule and i think that if i make it reboot i may start getting the error of AW back again ! :/
what should i do ?? make a reboot or no ?

Make the reboot!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Do the reboot. You've had a number of changes recently on your device and a device reboot is needed. But if things change, let us know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telenor

Hmm that's fine!!
will let you know within a couple of days ! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,874
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No rush!

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

Ok, so my phone is being working fine, even the battery backup is some what near to normal. I think It was reduced due to that unfinished thing due which phone was asking to reboot...
Just to make sure one think that if schedule the reboot via QuickPull, at 5 AM so the phone automatically reboots at 5 AM sharp..??
Today I thought that I should check that does my phone works fine due to the auto reboot, although I cancelled the sceduled reboot but it wasn't satisfying me that how could my problem be solved.. :smileytongue:
So I woke up today before 5AM and was awake till 5:01 AM and phone did not reboot, since I unscheduled it 3-4 days ago.
So this means that my phone is working normally without the reboot??
:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

That might be! Fingers crossed that it is indeed working normally now!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

Haha.. Not sure that if its working fine or the time period have increased to a long time.. :smileytongue:
I scheduled the reboot at 5 AM than I cancelled it.. And I was like astonished to see that my phone is working fine without the reboot.. So just to make sure that it isn't rebooting I woke up at 4:55 and was watching the phone untill 5:01 and it did not reboot.
So does this mean that phone is working without reboot..?? Should I try deleting the QuickPull app... May be its working due to it but since the phone did not reboot at 5 (because I unscheduled it), means is my phone back to normal?? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

And guess what... The same error is back again..... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

Hi again... :smileytongue:
I need you people to make aware of 1 more thing that I talked to my carrier representative any the told that they don't provide GPRS for BB phones with OS 6 and above in prepaid services but if I take postpay then they will provide the GPRS settings!
Would this thing matter??
On my current carrier after reboot those apps work for few hours... On ufone it works for 3 day approx but on Warid ( third carrier :smileytongue:) it worked for 15 days approx and was still working but I removed the SIM since I don't use it!!!
Any ideas?? Will be seeking your reply!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.