Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz
My Device: bold 9780

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

I some news!! Infact a bad news!!
Got my problem back again!! :smileysad:
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Although I've been quiet on this thread I have been reading along.... just to clarify, you are in fact trying to use Facebook and Viber (although you are also having issues using App World). But when using Facebook you are receiving the message that you are not on a supported data plan? 

I stand to be corrected, but I believe the native Facebook app requires a BIS dataplan to work. You should however have no issue browsing to the mobile site using the browser. 

What particular error do you get when trying to use Viber? 

Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

If I even accept this that I need a data plan, than why does ot work on my brothers phone?! And also on lot of my friends WITHOUT data plan!
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Unless someone with greater knowledge corrects me and confirms the facebook app does not need a blackberry data plan (your error message suggests otherwise) I can't explain it. 

Now what is the error you get when trying to user Viber and have you contacted Viber support? 

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The native Facebook app does work without BIS. You just need BIS access for push notifications. That feature change happened on a previous version of the Facebook app, so that's not it.

Waqar, I'm not sure why you're still having the issue. Unfortunately at this point, the only explanation I can come up with is that you've got some sort of hardware issue on the device (we have literally taken care of every chance of it being a software related issue). I know you said the phone was unlocked, but is there any chance you bought it from somewhere that can help you get warranty service for it? If not, your only solution may be to do the daily battery pull as suggested by JSanders. You can always try out an app like QuickPull and schedule it to reboot your phone automatically for you on a daily basis.

Sorry we haven't been able to help. :smileysad:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

This is my facebook error:
You are currently on a service plan that doesn't support this application, please connect to a WiFi network or contact your service provider to update your data plan.
It is also saying to connect to a wifi...
In viber it opens but messages are failed to send.

And as far as software is concerned I think there is no issue with it...
And I can't say about hardware... I changed the carrier, change the sd card... And still having the problem!!
What I realise is that my device's apps including AW ( all those requiring internet) stops working and as far as those not requirng internet works fine ( flashlight etc)
So I guess the solution is what jsanders said..!! :/
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

waqar_aziz wrote:
In viber it opens but messages are failed to send.

for Viber, you can read their FAQ (but I crawled it quickly and did not find the exact requirements regarding the BIS data plan).

Keep in mind that the Viber app for BlackBerry smartphones currently only supports sending text messages (no Voicecalls).

You can also contact their support team via twitter or facebook (I did it recently, they are quite reactive), link is in the botton left corner of the page.

http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/17/blackberry

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

I am pretty sure that even viber won't work..
I had an weather widget app n it also stops updating the weather when it start getting the error... On the other hand flashlight app works perfect..! Hope that the problem is clear..
All those apps requiring internet stops working..!
I also saw so other people facing this issue and this will resolve if I take the data plan (hope so) because those apps would work via services not via wifi...!!! :smileysad:
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

I would like to thank you people once again, I have learnt a lot!
And I also have a request that you people keep trying to get to know what the nain cause is and if you have contacts at some higher place please try to ask them at your end and I will also try my best to find either the solution or the cause at my end also...
The problem that I think in the phone is that " all those apps (including AW) requiring internet works only for a day after the reboot and those don't requiring internet (including browser) works fine without any problem"
:smileysad:
JSanders
Solutions: 5,981
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, let's do this... for sake of narrowing down the issue.

Let's drop the Viber and Facebook and AppWorld issues for now, only temporarily.

Let's deal only with the WiFi internet browser for just now... how is it working on WiFi only?

Can you clearly get to websites, etc., and surf the net..?

How about downloading media like an MP3 on the browser?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code