Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Honestly, I am just totally confused.

Yes, I thought he said it was installed.

I know some of this is in part to the language barrier.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz
My Device: bold 9780

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Haha!! I installed it twice and can't find where it is being installed! I will try again from the first step if I face the problem of app world not working again due to wireless network error and try my best to upgrade OS but if I don't face any issue I'll keep my phone how it is right now!
And I know this conversation is stretching like a rubber band but I like to thank you people for your co-operation! :smileyhappy:
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

What did you install twice?

Can someone assist you with these steps since it is giving you trouble?

The store can load the software for you too.  Can they help you?

I installed twice the OS I downloaded! I will go to my friend if I face the problem again and try to install the new OS with him... Two heads are better than one! :smileytongue:
As far as store is concerned its a way far from my house and I don't even know the exact location as well!
So I'll let you people know tomorrow if I face the problem again and try to reinstall the new OS...
Thanks again!
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

No problem.  I'm also wondering since you use WiFi, there shouldn't be a need to disable your mobile network becasue the data is being routed over the WiFi connection automatically. See the screenshots here:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/10/blackberry-wi-fi-network-connect/

Keep us posted.

Hmm let's see!
Hope that I don't face it again!
Yes you are right and I have told my service provider to close my internet services ( so I don't get extra charges), my friends and brother have also told the same thing to their service provider :smileyhappy:. I want to use these services via wifi only not through my service provider!
And I am replying here through wifi and appworld also is working fine uptill now! It used to work for a day after rebbot and around 10 hours have passed still 14 to go! :smileytongue:
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Gotcha.  So when you leave the house, you keep the mobile newtork turned off?

Nop! Its on all the time but I have told the providers to not to give internet services for my number! Over here in my country we have a choice for this, to have the internet services for your phone or not! But I lose my wifi service due to signal of the wifi router so I can't access even the browser when I am away from my home unless I get the signals of some other router if its there!
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Thats interesting.  If that is the case, why do you need to turn off the mobile network at all on the phone?  You don't want to take the chance of getting additional charges?  Has that happened to you before?  The carrier has it disabled on your acount so it seems like if you leave it on, you won't incur chages regardless.

yes its the case... but i dont have any problem with that. my problem is something else( not sure if it is still there)!

The problem was browser worked fine every time but app world, facebook used to work for a day after the device was rebooted and after that it started giving error that connect to a wireless network and try again but still browser worked fluently ! ( all the surfing was made on my wifi only )